Liverpool.com Content Editor
- Full Time
£Competitive + excellent company benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a Liverpool Content Editor to join our brilliant team at Reach. You will work closely with the Head of Sport for the Liverpool Echo, Blood Red Editor and Head of Fan Brands to oversee and deliver written content dedicated to Liverpool FC supporters.
The role focuses on bringing new audiences via new platforms, as well as servicing our existing loyal fanbase with content they haven't seen before to move Liverpool forwards.
We want to talk directly to fans through different channels, building an online community and bringing the passion and fun which surrounds being a Liverpool supporter directly to them.
We especially want to hear from candidates who feel like their voice isn't heard in traditional media. Sport is for everyone and we want our teams to reflect the diversity of the clubs we cover and the fans who support them.
Liverpool isn't your average Liverpool FC website. We seek to offer something a bit different with unconventional ideas, writing in the style of an engaging, high quality blog, and a broader view on what it means to be a Liverpool fan on Merseyside and beyond.
In the role you will spend part of your week working from home and part based at our offices in a flexible location.
What will the role involve?
- Communicating with Liverpool supporters, working closely with the Head of Sport for the Liverpool Echo, Blood Red Editor, Head of Fan Brands and wider team to grow a loyal, engaged audience
- Creating written content which will appeal to Liverpool fans currently underserved in football media
- Oversee the social media and video strategy to create engaging, sharable content and promote the brand
- Building online communities both on and off platform and ensuring communication with them
- Driving an overall strategy to acquire, engage and retain audiences, overseeing key third party platform opportunities and new opportunities to maximise growth of user base
- Grow the brand's customer base with engaging content including newsletters and direct communications with supporters
- Taking a sideways glance at the biggest Liverpool stories and providing in-depth insight to the stories which truly matter
- Helping formulate strategies for short-term, medium-term and long-term regarding the retention of audience and growth of brand
- Working alongside established brands to ensure full delivery of KPIs
- Managing writers and producers to ensure delivery of overall vision of the brand
- Sub-editing copy
- Represent the new brands both internally and externally
- Providing support in absence of Head of Fan Brands
What are we looking for?
- First-class content editing experience
- Experience working in both written and audiovisual media
- Strong team player who can work alongside others
- Strong people management skills - essential to get this job
- Digital publishing skills
- Social media skills
- Passion for sport and digital storytelling in a multitude of ways
- Excellent prioritisation and time-management skills
- Experience of building online communities around sport
- Understanding of loyalty in digital sports audiences
- Possessing passion for building deeper relationships with digital sport audiences
So, who are we?
We are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Manchester Evening News, BirminghamLive and the Liverpool Echo (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Share save scheme
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.