Senior Editor - MyLondon
- Full Time
We are hiring a Senior Editor Tto join our MyLondon team who will support and help drive our customer and engagement goals. As Senior Editor you will report to the local audience and content director, deputising for audience and content director as and when required.
In the role you will own the delivery of the customer value strategy in your region, coordinating activity to encourage registrations, grow the success of our newsletter activities and champion other forms of reader engagement, including social media. Operationally, you'll work closely along senior editor (audience), and will provide cover for this role and vice versa.
So, who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you
What will the role involve?
- Leading the customer and engagement teams within a region's newsrooms, ensuring best practice strategies and priorities are delivered
- Owning overall customer delivery target across all brands within the region, on behalf of the audience and content director
- Ensuring that resources at all levels in our newsrooms are clearly focused and managed as effectively as possible to deliver their digital targets
- Identifying new ways to engage readers post publication
- Being responsible for developing and delivering registered users strategy within each newsroom in region
- Ensuring that enhanced planning processes are thoroughly embedded in the newsroom and enable us to drive audience growth and commercial performance
- Ensuring effective use of social media tools by newsroom staff
- Deputising for audience and content director as and when required, and act as editor and brand champion of our news brands
- Playing an ambassadorial role for your regions brands and the business as a whole, in person and via social media
- Supporting audience and content director management in the delivery of overall strategy
- Working with marketplace publisher to ensure engagement and customer registration opportunities are optimised across print products
- Keeping abreast of key digital publishing developments
- Taking accountability for the fair and consistent application of all our people policies, procedures and processes.
Who are we looking for?
- You will be a long-standing experienced content editor, manager within an editorial team prior.
- Proven communicator and innovator
- NCTJ qualified or equiv
- Proven Strong digital publishing skills
Company standard benefits. Salary to be discussed at interview stage.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.