Multimedia Live News Reporter - BedfordshireLive
- Full Time
£Competitive + excellent company benefits
BedfordshireLive has arrived to reboot and refresh digital journalism in Bedfordshire. Since its launch in January, the site has already become a trusted authority for local news in the county, bringing together stories from Luton to Leighton Buzzard, Biggleswade to Bedford and Sandy to Stotfold - all in one place. BedfordshireLive's digital storytelling is ambitious, bold and brave, and the team is driven by a love and knowledge of the county.
We are on the lookout for a multimedia live news reporter to join our team. You'll be dynamic, enthusiastic and hardworking, with fresh ideas and a lot of energy. We're looking for new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content. The role would suit a trainee looking to start their career or a senior who wants to take a leading role in the team.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful candidate will need to live in the area.
We believe in offering you ways to work which give you a good work/life balance. Our new way of working keeps our journalists in the communities we serve, ensuring our coverage reflects real life, every day. You'll be part of a team where everyone wants to see their colleagues succeed, with regular in-person meet ups, and constant training and development opportunities. You can play a role in helping to shape the future of journalism.
- You will be working as part of a team to produce digital storytelling and to cover live news
- You will have the opportunity to provide live coverage of breaking news
- You will build strong contacts for story-gathering in our existing and underserved communities
- You will be comfortable interviewing, taking pictures and filming when out on the job
- You will love all things social media and use these skills to build audiences and communities, ensuring content in shared on social platforms
The Ideal Candidate
- You are creative and passionate, with an awareness of quality digital storytelling
- You will have an NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification and will use it to generate content which engages local audiences and meets the standards set by Reach
- We want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many diverse communities as we seek to grow new audiences
- A driving licence is preferable for this role
So, who are we?
BedfordshireLive is part of Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
We are offering a competitive salary benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Defined progression pathway
- Contributory pension scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.