Senior News Reporter - Express (Online)
- Full Time
£Competitive + excellent company benefits
Closing date: 20/07/2021
This is an exciting opportunity to help lead a team of reporters. We are looking for a senior reporter with a keen eye for a story and the ability to unpackage content no one else can see. You will be required to work with the news desk to deliver high-quality exclusives, write engaging stories to generate high digital traffic and step up with editorial duties when required.
So, who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
The successful candidate will be a driven, committed and experienced journalist with a passion for finding original and exclusive content. You will be the most senior member of the reporting team, required to set an example and sometimes help out with minor administrative tasks. You will be expected to have a broad knowledge and the ability to step in to write about a wide range of genres, wherever appropriate for the website.
What are we looking for?
- Passion, drive and enthusiasm to work on unique, original and high-quality exclusives
- An experienced candidate who can adapt to analytics trends and pursue engaging content
- Leadership skills with a drive to inspire others
- A strong work ethic who can be relied upon to assist management where necessary
- You will be NCTJ qualified or equivalent
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.