Trusts and Foundations Manager and Partnerships Manager
- Full Time
Trusts and Foundations Manager and Partnerships Manager
Do you want to shape young people’s future?
1625 Independent People is the South West’s leading youth homelessness charity with a national reputation for establishing best practice, involving young people and ensuring strong partnership working.
This is a unique time for the charity as we are investing in three new management roles to lead our fundraising, partnerships and communications.
Are you someone who is great at spotting opportunities, developing relationships and able to write great bids? If so, please read on - and get in touch if you want to know more.
We have the following opportunities to join our Fundraising, Partnerships and Communication Team: Trusts and Foundations Manager and Partnerships Manager
You will develop relationships with current and new funders and partners, raise awareness of our work in the community and secure vital income for the charity’s work with young homeless people and care leavers. You will collaborate with young people, colleagues and partners to shape projects based on young people’s needs and strengths.
We are also recruiting a Communications and Community Fundraising Manager (further details are here: https://1625independentpeople.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=4e9b1c62-80d5-4fad-8e23-4feb2fe57fd2
We are particularly keen to increase applications from ethnic minorities who are currently underrepresented in our organisation, and from people with relevant lived experience.
Please find full details of how to apply via our website in the advert below. The deadline for application submissions is 23:59 on 11 July 2022.
If you need an adjustment to be made to any part of the recruitment process, please let us know as soon as possible.
What we are looking for:
- You will bring significant experience of securing large grants (Trusts and Foundations Manager) and/or winning public sector contracts (Partnership Manager).
- You will enjoy building strong relationships with funders and partners.
- You will be able to write compelling and strong funding proposals.
- You will enjoy working collaboratively with young people, colleagues and partners to shape new services
If you have transferrable skills and you are interested in this role, but you are worried about the application process, please get in touch with Jamie: firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to have an informal to discuss how your personal or professional experience and skills could be transferred to this role.
What you will be doing:
- You will be seeking out new opportunities and building and sustaining relationships with funders and partners.
- You will work as part of a talented, highly motivated and creative team to secure the income needed to deliver our vital work with vulnerable young people.
- Project manage all applications, ensuring that the involvement and contribution of colleagues, partners and young people is well planned and adequately resourced.
Your line manager will be our Partnerships Director, Jamie Gill.
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to take the lead in enabling new and innovative partnership approaches that establish best practice in supporting young people, tackle youth homelessness and bring about lasting change.
- The opportunity to work with a range of partners and funders who share our ambitions for young people.
- A generous annual leave entitlement of 30 days per annum plus all Bank Holidays.
- Flexible working hours.
- A very supportive environment with reflective practice, regular supervisions, team, cross departmental and organisational development days.
- Employee Health Cash Plan with UK Healthcare.
- Hours per week: 37.5 hours
- Contract type: Permanent
- Pay: £35,336 – £41,591 (dependant on experience and role)
- The location: Kingsley Hall in central Bristol, with the flexibility to also work from home.
- To access the Job Pack for these roles and submit an application, please visit the vacancy page on our website: https://1625independentpeople.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=69fff30c-33a6-46d0-8efb-f133144b30e2
- Please refer to the Cover Letter guidance below to ensure your application can progress to the shortlisting stage.
- To have an informal chat about the role, please contact Jamie.email@example.com
- If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline closes: 23:59, Monday 11 July 2022
- If you have not heard from us by Friday 15 July 2022, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Interviews are on Thursday 14, Friday 15 and Monday 18 July 2022.
Covering Letter / Supporting Statement Guidance
Please note that the online application form cannot be saved until it is fully complete. We recommend that you prepare your Covering Letter before you start the online application. Please identify in your Covering Letter whether you are applying for the Trusts and Foundations Manager, Partnerships Manager, or whether you want to be considered for both roles.
Your Covering Letter is essentially your Supporting Statement and will form the most important basis on which your skills, experience and behavioural competencies will be tested against the job criteria. Without it, your application cannot progress to the shortlisting stage.
You should refer to the Person Specification document within the Job Pack and cover only the elements that are tested at this stage of the recruitment process. Elements that only have the word ‘interview’ next to them will be tested at the next stage of the process and do not need to be covered in your letter.
Please try to keep the word limit to 250 words per criterion.
ALTHOUGH THE APPLICATION FORM GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO UPLOAD A CV, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A CV AS THIS IS NOT NECESSARY AND WILL NOT BE USED IN THIS PROCESS.
Equal opportunities for everyone:
We safeguard and promote the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Any job offer will depend on a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Barred List Disclosure Check.
We believe those with a criminal record should have an equal chance to become employees or volunteers. We also pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion and beliefs, sex and sexual orientation.
Please see our Policies section on the website, for further information.