We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for the financial health of our charitable company by managing our financial procedures. Your duties will include planning budgets, participating in audits, monitoring transactions, preparing invoices and supporting the HR Team.
In addition to being an exceptional communicator, with excellent analytical and time management abilities, our ideal candidate must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of financial policies, procedures and systems.
This position is based in Stoke-on-Trent and cannot be carried out remotely.
As a mental health service provider, applicants with lived experience
of mental distress are welcome to apply
Closing date: Friday 4th December 2020 at 5.00 pm
Interview date: Wednesday 9th December 2020
To receive an application pack please email Kris at email@example.com
Changes strives to be an equal opportunities employer
This is a re-advertised position. Previous applicants need not apply.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and implement financial policies to guarantee operational efficiency
- Key point of contact regarding financial and accounting matters
- Maintain records and receipts for all daily transactions
- Ensure financial records are kept up-to-date with the latest transactions and changes
- Monitor all bank deposits and payments
- Perform periodic financial analysis to detect and resolve problems
- Prepare balance sheets and invoices
- Oversee staff payroll
- Reconciling all financial transactions
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Provide necessary input in HR management
- Create accurate financial projections
- Oversee the preparation and planning of budgets
- Contribute to financial audits
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and the postholder will be required to undertake other duties to meet the overall aims of Changes organisation and services.
The job description will be reviewed annually in light of changing service provision/requirements and any such changes will be discussed with the postholder.
Changes has deliberately weighted the application process towards experience – opening up the role to individuals who may lack formal qualifications, but who have the skills, knowledge and experience to successfully perform the role of Finance Manager within a VCSE organisation.
The postholder is expected to comply with all Changes Health & Wellbeing’s relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.