Production Maintenance Technician
- Full Time
Production Maintenance Technician
Vacancy Reference: LNG 0012
Salary: £32,951 - £42,643 per annum (flexibility allowance of 10% covers overtime) (Bonus Opportunities)
EP Langage Ltd (Part of the EPH Group)
EP UK Investments was established in 2014 as the platform for expanding the EPH group into the UK and All Ireland Energy Markets. EPH is a leading Central European energy group that owns and operates assets in the Czech Republic, the Slovak Republic, Germany, Italy, the UK and Hungary. EPH is a vertically integrated energy utility covering the complete value chain ranging from highly efficient cogeneration, power generation, and natural gas transmission, gas storage, gas and electricity distribution and supply. EPH is the 6th largest producer of power in Europe, employing over 25,000 team members.
EPUKI has grown rapidly and now manages a portfolio of 6 power generation assets including Lynemouth Power, EP Langage, EP South Humber Bank, EP Ballylumford, EP Kilroot and Tynagh Energy Limited. In addition, EPUKI has development consent to construct a 2.5GW CCGT at Eggborough, a 1.8GW CCGT at King’s Lynn and an Energy Recovery Centre adjacent to South Humber Bank. The above generation sites are supported from offices in Leeds and London.
Langage Power Station, near Plymouth, is a combined-cycle power plant that consists of a single 885 MW unit in multi-shaft configuration: 2 x Alstom GT26 gas turbines, exhaust gases heating heat recovery steam generators, powering a single STF30C steam turbine. The 885 MW plant cost in excess of £400 million and started generating in early 2010, it was commissioned against an expected 'energy gap' in UK generating capacity, caused by the expected closure of nuclear and older coal-fired stations.
Langage is one of the most efficient plants in the UK, with combined cycle efficiency of c57%. It is also highly flexible due to its multi-shaft configuration and is able to run at loads as low as 250 MW.
An opportunity has arisen for us to recruit an Electrical, Control & Instrumentation (EC&I) Technician working within the multidiscipline Production Team at EP Langage Ltd. The role requires effective communication between various stakeholders whilst maintaining, overhauling and upgrading measurement, control, protection and electrical plant and equipment. Following rigorous safe systems of work and taking a proactive approach to contract management, the role is varied and rewarding. End to end ownership of maintenance processes is essential, identifying defects and taking them through to complete resolution.
Reporting to the Production team leader, the key responsibilities and duties include:-
• Planning and performing maintenance throughout the site to ensure the continued availability and reliability of the power station in the commercial market. Achieving good business value and compliance with Health, Safety and Environment (HSE), company and statutory requirements
• Ensuring that health, safety and environmental standards are maintained by providing direct / indirect supervision of work activities and contract staff
• Developing, communicating and implementing complex task plans, supporting the preparation and execution of projects and overhaul activities, including development of contract specifications, including resource management
• Contributing to the technical specification and designing of projects and contracts. Monitoring performance including development and implementation of action plans
• Preparing work method statements, risk assessments and / or plant operating instructions, ensuring the required level of maintenance is achieved and records maintained, including the preparation of work orders, ordering spares and identification of resources
• Investigating complex technical problems relating to critical plant, identifying, diagnosing and reporting defects within the plant utilising the Maintenance Management system
• Carrying out routine / non routine maintenance activities in according with agreed procedures and operational requirements to support the wider team. Ensuring working practices and procedures are adhered to within the work area
• Flexibility in working pattern and ability to work across all departments, including shift work as required to support the business need. This also includes an element of operations support.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Demonstrable experience within the power generation or similar process industry (desirable)
• Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment (essential)
• Building and influencing relationships through excellent interpersonal skills and a strong positive attitude
• Ability to adapt quickly to changes, cope with pressurised situations, flexible approach to changes in priority and adhering to deadlines
• Excellent numeracy, literacy and problem-solving skills
• High motivation, self-direction and self-awareness
• Demonstratable competence in use of IT/IS skills e.g. MS Office
• Ability to integrate and actively participate within in a positive safety culture
• Completed a recognised formal training programme or apprenticeship to achieve technician status
(e.g. C&G, parts I, II and III) (essential)
• Hold a minimum of National Certificate (or equivalent experience) in an appropriate engineering discipline (essential) - HNC (desirable)
• Member of a relevant professional institution (desirable) or working towards
The successful candidate will be appointed at the appropriate grade within the Collective Agreement.
- Private medical insurance
- Bonus opportunity
- Salary range is £32,951 - £42,643
- Flexibility allowance of 10% (covers overtime)
- Bonus opportunity
- Competitive pension options
- Private Medical Insurance (single cover)
- Sick pay
- Holidays – 25 days plus BH
- 37 hour working week
Flexibility in working pattern and ability to work across all departments, including rotation onto shift as required to support the business need. Additional shift allowance of £9,303.60pa throughout the shift pattern duration. Reporting to the Production Team Leader
The starting salary will be dependent upon the successful candidate’s competence, experience and qualifications.
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter below, writing the Vacancies Ref Number and Job Title.