Full time 35 hours per week, permanent
Do you want to create a wilder Hampshire and Isle of Wight?
With the invaluable support of volunteers and members our client manages over 50 nature reserves. They also work with other organisations and landowners to protect and connect wildlife sites across the county and inspire local communities and young people to care for wildlife where they live.
Their 2030 Strategy sets us on a path over the next decade to get more people on nature’s side and create more space for wildlife to thrive. To support the strategy, they have set a goal of doubling the number of members and supporters by 2030, as well as raise funds for the many projects and ambitions set out in their plan. These ambitions will set the framework and direction for the Communications team over the next few years.
There are huge opportunities to make a positive impact on the state of nature, so it’s a very exciting time to be joining them.
Our client is looking for a highly motivated, creative and innovative person to join their Communications team and help them to engage, inspire and influence people across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
The role will involve working across all areas of communications including digital, media, events promotion and publications.
This role is pivotal to supporting the Communications team and supporting the new strategy and you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of a wide range of tasks across different channels, online and offline, and supporting with creative design and editing.
This job will suit someone who has existing experience in design and copywriting and is looking to further their career in marketing and communications, as well as supporting the environmental sector during a hugely important time for our client and the local environment.
Our client is looking for someone with:
● The ability to write engaging and creative copy for a variety of channels and formats.
● Experience using design software e.g. Photoshop and InDesign to support the design and creation of branded materials.
● An understanding of how brands work and what is needed to promote and maintain them.
● The ability to provide support with the creation and editing of videos to promote the work of our client.
● Excellent organisation skills and good attention to detail.
● Experience of working with different social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
● An understanding of the voluntary sector and knowledge of our client’s movement’s aims and goals.
● A broad understanding of current conservation issues locally and nationally.
If you’re keen to enter into a career in communications, passionate about nature, and want to develop your experience of integrated communications across a range of channels, this is the opportunity for you!
Closing date: 19 November 2020
Interview dates: 30 Nov & 01 Dec 2020