Why not join the Richmond Fellowship Scotland, the biggest & best social care organisation to work for in Scotland?
Its not just a job but a career and more importantly you will help supported individuals to live their best life possible. We support individuals with a variety of different needs such as physical and/or learning disabilities, mental health, alcohol or substance abuse and autism. Some of the people we support can present challenging behaviour or require a high level of personal care.
Supported individuals are at the centre of what we do so if youre looking for a role that can help make a real positive difference to someone as well as have some fun along the way, this role could be for you.
Our staff teams deliver high quality support across Scotland. We need caring kind and helpful individuals to join our growing team in your local community to help make a difference in peoples lives.
The type of work can be varied and can include things like:-
- Social Support- Getting to know an individuals interests and hobbies and helping them to connect these interests within their local communities. This could include spending time in local clubs and community centres as well as leisure activities like swimming, bowling and visiting the cinema.
- Health Support- Administering and monitoring medication.
- Personal Care- Assist people to maintain their wellbeing by promoting their personal care which may include assistance with showering/bathing, dressing, arranging visits with professionals such as dentists, doctors or opticians, assisting with incontinence care where necessary.
- Practical Support- Helping people to maintain their tenancy by encouraging daily household tasks such as general housework, laundry, ironing, cooking, shopping.
- Budgetary Support- Paying bills, attending meetings with the bank or relevant authorities, potentially handling an individuals income.
- Additionally, you will be expected to maintain accurate financial and medical records as well as evidencing good practice through recording daily progress towards outcomes and goals.
Whether you have worked in social care before or not our award winning training and support will make sure you are ready for your new role.
We have Full time and Part time work available. If you wanted a flexible working pattern we will fit hours around you. Please note that this role may involve sleepover shifts from time to time.
*Please note that we can only accept application from applicants that have a full drivers licence and access to their own car at this time.
Not only will you get a rewarding career in social care by helping those support you can also enjoy some of the great benefits we offer:
- Paid travel between services (depending on service requirements).
- We will pay for you to achieve your SVQ Level 2 and support you to do so.
- TRFS rewards scheme (which includes cash-back and discounts at a variety of high street and online retailers)
- Continuous in-house training opportunities and chances to further your career in social care.
- Refer a Friend scheme- GBP150 reward for successfully referring a friend, family member or colleague.
Why wait? Apply today and let us welcome you to a rewarding and satisfying role in your local community.
Closing date: 13 November 2020.
(We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time)
PVG checks will be required of all successful applicants; having a conviction will not necessarily debar you from working in this sector...... click apply for full job details