Warehouse Operative- REACH TRUCK LICENSE ESSENTIAL
Gi Group, Doncaster are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Operative with a Reach Truck License on behalf of a market leading and innovative manufacturing company based in Thorne, Doncaster. My client are a reputable business and are onsidered a desirable employer within the area.
This role will require you to work within our client's warehouse department loading, unloading, replenishing and picking finished stock. MUST HAVE REACH TRUCK LICENSE, Minimum 1 years experience. Please note that this role involves off-truck manual duties and will not involve staying on a truck for a full shift.
Pay Rate: GBP9.26 per hour (rising to GBP10.04 per hour on 13th week)
Shift Allowance: An extra 81p per hour will be paid for afternoon shifts.
Hours: 40 hour working week (anything worked after 40 hours per week paid at time and a half)
Breaks: 1 x 30 minute break
Contract type: Temporary to Permanent (Subject to probation)
06:00-14:00 Monday to Friday rotating with 14:00-22:00 Monday to Thursday & 14:00-20:00 Friday
06:00-14:00 Monday to Friday rotating with 14:00-24:00 Monday to Thursday (Friday off)
Due to location and shift time; you must have a driving license and access to own transport or live within the local area.
- Collecting products from the production department
- Wrapping pallets using stretch-wrapping machines
- Using hand-held scanners
- Checking that products are placed in the correct locations
- Ensuring all delivery vehicles are clean before loading stock
- Loading orders efficiently using a stand-and-ride fork lift truck
- Ensuring all products are safely loaded and secured to avoid damages
- Off-loading products from vehicles
- Checking all deliveries have the correct specifications and quantity
- Reporting any shortages or damage to stock
- Picking products
- Using order picking trucks
- Picking stock and moving them to the correct department according to requirements
- Checking fork lift trucks daily to ensure they are operable
- General housekeeping and adhering to all company health and safety procedures
- May be moved to different departments to keep up with business demands
- Able to perform manual handling tasks such as lifting, stacking, carrying etc. of products varying in sizes
- Reach truck license with a minimum of 1 years experience.
- Counterbalance license is desirable.
- Have a good level of numerical knowledge
- Reliable and punctual
- Motivated to achieve
- Basic problem solving ability
- Understanding of health & safety issues in a manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Attention for detail
- Health and Safety knowledge/training is desirable
If you are interested; please apply via the advert with a full up to date CV.