We are a UK based, award winning, IT services and technology company with over 25 years' experience. We provide a range of IT support and Microsoft-centric, business software and cloud solutions to help mid-market organisations modernise their IT so they can compete and win in the digital economy. More than 300 clients trust us to take responsibility for part, or all, of their IT from solution design to support.
Acora has its Head Office in Burgess Hill, West Sussex as well as locations in London, Bletchley and Solihull. We are operating as normal, although remotely currently and offer flexibility in our approach. We are growing, ambitious and hard working. Our desire is to be an employer of choice with happy and fulfilled employees. Training, development and wellbeing are important aspects of our people focus.
Test Analyst - Purpose of the Role
As a software tester, you'll play an important role in the development & maintenance of the IT systems for our clients. It's your role to ensure it works exactly as it should, ensuring a faultless system is delivered to the end users.
By working closely with the project managers, business analysts, software developers and business users, you'll be able to understand what the product is meant to do, its key features and its users.
- Work within an Agile environment with the Sprint Team to understand the design system to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Work towards provide flawless QA for our support issues.
- Review and feedback on functional & technical specifications about software system design and testing requirements
- Prepare test cases and test scripts based on technical specifications and non-functional requirements
- Identify areas for and opportunities for Automation
- Provide accurate estimations on test tasks assigned
- Build and maintain automated tests, that are reusable
- Exercise web interfaces and web services both manually and through automated tests
- Execute Manual, Automated and Performance tests, as required
- Report test progress and feedback to management and ensure work is carried out in accordance with test process within the schedule allocated
- Ensure testing best practice is nurtured within the team and good testing practices are adhered too.
- External facing website is written in ASP.NET C# and jQuery using Umbraco CMS for our web sites.
- Internal facing CRM tools and Applications are written in ASP.NET MVC 3 C#, jQuery, Knockout JS for sales processing interfaces.
- Magento user-facing web shop platform.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV for our Back Office sales processing systems.
- IBMi Metro Legacy system for our Legacy back -office sales processing systems.
- Azure DevOps for continuous integration & source control
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of 3 years+ software testing experience using CII technologies or similar.
- Testing Complex UIs and E-commerce websites.
- Detailed knowledge & demonstrable of both Manual & Automation testing.
- Must have experience in creating & execution of automated tests using Selenium & SpecFlow.
- Must have experience in testing window software/DB applications produced using C#/SQL server.
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods & processes.
- Agile development methodologies.
- Team leadership & coordination (including with 3rd party resources).
- Using Azure DevOps as a Test Management tool
- Experience with performance, scalability, or security testing is a definite plus.
- Experience of testing Web Services
- Experience with Testing an AS400 (IBM Mainframe) system
- Experience with testing a Microsoft Dynamics 365 system
Hold a BSc degree in Computer Science or a similar field
International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Foundation level certification
In general, you can visit Acora online without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need information such as your name and e-mail address, to correspond with you and fulfil your request. Acora is fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016.