Construction Contracts Manager
Roofing Contracts Manager role
Fantastic role working for this growing Building & Roofing Services Company based out of lovely offices in Wymondham.
You will be responsible for the operational delivery, management and commercial performance of the Roofing and Scaffolding Divisions
You should come from a Contracts Management background within the Building / Construction / Roofing industry & be highly knowledgeable about roofing.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and working alongside the Programme Manager to manage a team of roofing supervisors and operatives you will have accountability for the operational allocation, resourcing (both direct and sub-contract) and programming of multiple work streams. Key to this will be the preparation and performance reporting at regular frequencies to assist informed operational and commercial decision making.
- Day to day operational management of the company Roofing Services and Scaffolding Divisions
- Manage, optimise and monitor performance of staff, labour and sub-contractor resources across multiple contract/ project activity to achieve the highest productivity and performance standards in all respects, including agreeing rates for labour, materials and plant requirements, etc.
- Identify and manage risks
- Build, manage and motivate an effective and cohesive performing team
- Continually review resources/ delivery solutions with a view to maximising operational capabilities, delivery, efficiencies and bottom-line contribution
- Lead and support employee relations issues on the contracts/ projects so they are managed efficiently and effectively
- Create market leading, premier performing divisions by employing exceptional people who are competent and trained to the highest standards
- Interview/ recruit new team members, trades/ operative personnel, as required. Support continuous development and growth of staff, trainees and apprentices.
- Ensure that all staff are adequately and routinely trained to the required standards of Health, Safety & Environmental best practices and procedures are adhered to
- Attend progress meetings and maintain and develop strong relationships through regular contacts/ projects with relevant/ key clients promoting the company both with internal and external clients/ customers
- Ensure timely and quality handovers of completed properties against programme - Target - 'Zero' defects at handover. Coordinate joint handovers/ audits with clients/ customers
- Liaise with client/ customer representatives as required on day to day issues
- Develop new and unique ways to improve operational delivery and service offering to create new business opportunities
- Continually look for ways to increase customer satisfaction, whilst maintaining the company's commercial performance
- Produce progress reports and KPI data against the programme and operational delivery reports
- Proactively seek new business opportunities. Work with Bid Team and contribute to PQQ & ITT submissions
- Lead divisional performance to ensure company's integrated quality, HSE management system is adhered to
- Innovate and encourage best practice, demonstrating a commitment to continual improvement
You ideally should have:
- Roofing / Building Trade background - ideally Public, Social, Commercial, Private, New Build Housing sectors
- Building Trade / previous Supervisory / Management role
- Technically competent in Roofing, Building and Construction techniques and industry regulatory/ statutory compliance requirements
- Contract/ Site Surveying experience - standard forms of contract, knowledge of schedules of rates/ Framework contracts
- Member of Institute of Roofing
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme card holder (CSCS)
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme qualified (SSSTS)
- IOSH or NEBOSH
- CDM and other Health and Safety regulations
- Computer & Smart Phone/ Tablet literate
- Strong multiple Programme and Projects Management/ co-ordination
- Knowledge of environmental requirements
- Asbestos, Gas & Electrical Statutory compliance
- Microsoft Office - Intermediate level
- Scaffolding Awareness
- Working at Height
- Asbestos Awareness
This is a great opportunity paying GBP45-50K, with company vehicle/car allowance, mobile, laptop, health insurance etc.
APPLY NOW - they are keen to recruit ASAP!
PS Recruits are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the volume of response, only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted. By applying to this role your personal details will be submitted to PS Recruits. You can request our privacy statement at any time...... click apply for full job details