Maxwell Consultancy are currently recruiting on behalf of a large Civil Engineering and Earthworks business for a Civil Engineering Foreman to join their Project Delivery team in Scotland. This business has multiple projects within the Energy, Infrastructure and Water Sectors. This is a terrific opportunity to join one of the UK's leading companies on a fixed term contract basis at a time when their portfolio is increasing rapidly.
Civils Foreman position; to support the Site and Project Managers in the planning, organisation, supervision and delivery of all site construction activities. Management, supervision, training and development of direct reports.
Responsibilities will include:
- Promote exceptional safety and deliver quality standards at all times
- Co-ordinate and control construction activities ensuring the project runs to schedule and budget
- Day to Day management of site activities, including supervising and monitoring the site operations and carrying out briefings as necessary, preparing RAMS and ensuring compliance
- Ensuring plant and materials are ordered and supplied as required
- Checking drawings and quantities, ensuring that the information is accurate for the work
- Maintain good client relationships at all levels.
- Maintain and enhance their reputation at all levels
- Ensuring that the BMS is implemented at all stages
- Ensuring that activities are planned, organised and monitored to ensure safety, time constraints and quality requirements are met.
- Ensuring that all site non-conformities are reported and resolved
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Experience of the Construction/Engineering Industry, specifically in the heavy civils arena with a preference given to candidates with demonstrable success within the following project types;
- Track record of delivering within agreed parameters
- Proactive approach to dealing with individuals and groups at all levels
- Ability to resolve problems in a timely manner
- IOSH or SMSTS/SSSTS Safety Management
- CSCS Management Card (preferred)
- Competent I.T. skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Annual salary of GBP45,000 to GBP50,000 D.O.E + additional allowances which increase take home pay greatly
- Annual bonus, which is very generous, relating to both company and personal performance
- Impressive levels of subsistence pay when working away from home
- Generous company pension, holiday allowance and private healthcare
This position offers an opportunity to join a growing business where you can really develop your career and enjoy a fabulous working environment. As such, we expect to fill this role quickly and would ask that, if interested, you apply at your earliest convenience...... click apply for full job details