£11,969 per annum
18.5 hours per week
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Our client is an independent housing association providing excellent housing management services to over 5,200 tenants and 260 leaseholders in Gloucester.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Lettings Coordinator to join the team to provide support to the Tenancy Services Team, assisting Housing Officers with the management of their patches (areas) of properties. You will work proactively with their teams and external partners to ensure the delivery of their Business Plan and Corporate Plan targets.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Working with Housing Officers to support customers to create sustainable tenancies through identifying support needs, vulnerability and maximising income through appropriate benefit advice, where appropriate signposting residents to external support agencies.
- Ensuring that the business complies with all relevant legislation, regulations and case law, including Consumer Credit and Data Protection acts.
- Undertaking the support and tenancy assistance for the delivery of the following Housing Management duties and responsibilities;
- To be responsible for the Choice Based lettings function within the business, ensuring that properties are advertised on time, checking applications are updated and keeping customers continually updated on the progress of their application.
- To obtain information about forthcoming vacant homes or current empty properties without a prospective new tenant, and place the details of these properties on the choice based lettings system known as Gloucestershire Home seeker in accordance with their procedure.
Their ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
Experience in either housing management or a similar customer support element
Proven knowledge and understanding of the legislation relating to social housing, arrears management, welfare benefits and related issues, with an ability to apply that knowledge and effectively share it with staff and colleagues
Experience of negotiating effectively with clients, often in their homes, in difficult situations where it is not always possible to meet customer needs/wishes
Experience of developing networks with other support agencies/providers and successfully sign posting vulnerable tenants or working in partnership to sustain tenancies
Be emotionally resilient with the ability to deal effectively with difficult and distressing situations
- To be able to travel within the City and other areas as required
Our client offers excellent benefits including flexible working, subsidised gym membership, Social Housing Pension Scheme, up to 24 days annual leave excluding bank holidays and employee wellbeing package.
Our client is committed to equal opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sections of the community.