Alexander Kaye Recruitment are recruiting for an established successful SME based near Melton.
Our client is seeking a qualified accountant with good interpersonal skills to report directly to the MD. This is a great company to work for with an established happy team in a growing business. The role can be full or part time with flexi working hours and some home working if required.
- To ensure that the Company meets its statutory reporting requirements
- To ensure compliance with appropriate industry finance and accounting practices
- To ensure that the Company employs best practice with regard to financial and accounting activities
- To provide accounting related guidance and support to the Board and Management of the Company
- To contribute to the growth and strategy of the Company
- Playing an active role as part of the management team of the Company and contributing to the development of strategic and business plans
- Direct line management of accounting and administration team
- Ensure the integrity of financial data through implementation of effective control check points and periodic audits
- Responsible for the review and production of monthly management accounts including WIP analysis and finance report
- Year-end statutory accounting processes including cut off controls and preparation of management accounts ready for external accountant to prepare statutory accounts
- Oversight and sign off of monthly and weekly payroll (currently outsourced). Including the provision of initial preparation of same at times of holiday or absence of administration staff
- Management of purchase invoice and other payment runs prepared by accounts assistant
- Management of external accountants, tax advisors and other professionals
- Lead relationship with bank, invoice finance and HP lender
- Budget and re forecasts, sales rolling forecast using data from Ops Dir. and MD. Provision of related Cash Flow Forecast.
- R&D tax credit process management (external advisor used)
- Simple company secretary duties
- Manage the Company's credit control functions
- Continually improve the management and performance of the costing, accounting, and credit control functions
- Provide advice on how to increase revenue, control costs, improve return on capital employed and improve the Company's cash position
- Provide financial appraisal and advice on business projects, investments, disposals, and business improvement projects
- Work closely with internal and external experts to ensure compliance to all accounting, legal and statutory requirements and to ensure that risks are identified and mitigated
- Facilitate a feedback loop from job cost margin reporting to engineering functions in order to provision leverage for overall productivity improvements
- Liaison with HMRC on matters related but not limited to PAYE, Corporation Tax, VAT.
- Liaison with Local Authority on matters related bit not limited to Business Rates and Local Taxation
- Implementation of periodic stocktaking and valuation processes. Improvement of process as appropriate.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate, in conjunction with engineering and operations, matters related to the use and development of the company MRP system. Manage same relationship with the accounting function with particular regard to stock and WIP.
- Streamline internal finance related process to remove unnecessary work
- Review and maintain authority matrix
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and finance report. Presentation on a periodic basis to the board as represented by the Chairman
- Banking and external finance matters.
- Specific projects and other duties such as new business proposals and performance improvement programs as defined by the board from time to time.
Key Initial Priorities
- Understand the commercial, financial, and manufacturing operations of the Company and see how the finance and accounting functions can add value
Key Success Factors/ Performance Indicators
- Financial strategy implementation
- Business process improvements
- Accuracy and timeliness of reporting
The successful candidate will grow to understand the commercial, financial and manufacturing operations of the company an ensure the finance and accounting functions are adding value to the business. This position will suit a team worker who enjoys been hands-on has a good sense of humour. You will be qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA/ACMA with experience of working in a manufacturing business preferably in a smaller company. Our client offers a great working environment...... click apply for full job details