Outreach Navigator (Rough Sleeper), Fix Term Contract, Medway Area, GBP13.22 per hour
Your new role - Empower people to live independently
- Engage rough sleepers with the Medway area through outreach work.
- Use person-centred approach to those who are reluctant to engage with support services, this may include working closely with and sharing information with statutory agencies, ensuring all KPIs are achieved.
- Manage your own case load, whilst promoting a positive environment, ensuring all service users have an equal opportunity to succeed and that their diverse needs are met.
- Provide ongoing support to clients once housed.
- Represent HA by working in partnership with other agencies to ensure our services are promoted, and that successful outcomes are achieved for service users.
- Able to deliver telephone out of hours support service on a rota basis.
- Comply with the relevant regulatory framework standards in every aspect of service, ensuring all relevant paperwork regarding clients and the service delivery are maintained to an auditable standard.
- Comply with all policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of yourself, your clients and your colleagues.
- Able to identify any safeguarding issues and risks
- Undertake any other duties to achieve the purpose of the job.
What you'll need to succeed - Experience, knowledge and skills
- Experience of outreach/ rough sleeper working.
- Ability to work in a flexible and creative manner.
- Ability to build rapport with service users adapting style of approach as needed, whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
- Proven ability to deal with challenging behaviour and resolve difficult situations
- Model a solution focused attitude.
- Written English skills sufficient to write: reports, support plans, risk assessments, incident records and court appeals.
- Understanding of safeguarding practices.
- Experience of working within defined frameworks and complying with policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Knowledge of data protection regulations and experience of dealing with confidential information.
- Promote a positive working environment, challenge any negative behaviour, providing equal opportunities and valuing the diversity of the team.
- Knowledge and willingness to learn in-house ICT systems.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.