Prison Custody Officer
Our client is looking for someone to join their superb team as a Prison Custody Officer. Based from their Vehicle base in Bellshill, you will receive a competitive salary and the chance to join a great team.
Our client provides safe and secure transportation and custody services for prisoners and young people across the UK, providing a vital public service. Having recently been awarded a further 10 year contract; they are seeking people to join their successful organisation where no two days are the same!
Our client is a professional organisation who takes pride in providing the very highest level of care to ensure the physical and mental wellbeing and welfare of those in custody. You will be truly making a difference every day, be part of a great team and will receive ongoing training and development. Our client takes pride in their diversity and equality as demonstrated by partnerships with charities Barnardo's and Stonewall who influence and help improve our approach and policies.
As a Prison Custody Officer you will be responsible for providing a safe environment for the safe, secure detention in two-way transit of prisoners to external sites such as, prisons, police stations, courts, hospitals, family funerals, and prisoner homes visits, ensuring that prisoner welfare is conducted to all values of working. Please note for this role you must hold a C1 or PCV driving license.
In order to achieve this, as a Prison Custody Officer you will need to:
- Be responsible for Prisoners in their custody, ensuring they are identified correctly, searched and advised of their rights
- Liaise with Prison and police authorities to ensure correct documentation is completed
- Manage Prisoner property
- Be responsible for Prisoner meals and snacks
- Ensure vehicles have sufficient equipment to carry out tasks, e.g. food, water and handcuffs
- Be responsible for Prisoners while in transit
- Manage and control incidents when they occur, document as required
In order to be successful in your application as a Prison Custody Officer we require the following competencies, skills and experience:
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be a flexible team player
- A positive and practical attitude
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills - written and oral
- Proven multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- To pass the Control and Restraint requirements - through training
- To achieve Enhanced Disclosure from Disclosure Scotland
- Full clean driving licence
- Right to work in the UK
- Must pass C&R training conducted
- Must hold a C1 or PCV driving license
All roles are subject to a risk assessment being completed to confirm the vetting status required for the applicant / job holder to undertake the duties of the role. This role has been risk assessed as requiring Scottish Prison Service and clearance to enhanced Scottish disclosure Enhance Level Clearance and Enhanced CRB.
Apply now to secure your future and become our Prison Custody Officer!..... click apply for full job details