Systems Analyst and Database Developer
Reporting into the Group Finance Director and alongside the IT Manager, the successful candidate will work on a wide variety of challenging opportunities around new business applications including implementation of the ERP system as well as system upgrades, system integration, support and development. This is a newly created position which provides the role holder with the scope to shape the IT strategy for this growing business.
Purpose of the role
This role is responsible for the development, configuration and support of the Lucideon business database systems across the group in both the UK and US. The successful candidate will be expected to evaluate business systems, identify improvements,document these and implement changes to business processes across the organisation.
- Working with a team to provide day-to-day IT support for approximately 200 users in the UK and 50 users in the USA
- Working regularly with internal stakeholders to review and identify improvements to business systems in the interests of continuous improvement
- Conducting regular reviews of systems and generating reports on efficiencies and improvement areas
- Structuring and prioritising business requirements and communicating plans with stakeholders for review and approval
- Assessing requirements and producing specifications for new or modified systems
- Leading the implementation of new systems and upgrades including applications interfacing
- Ensuring the production of relevant systems documentation and change control processes
- Monitoring systems performance to ensure database optimisation, integrity, consistency, security and privacy
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues as required
Experience of the development and configuration of business systems with particular focus on:
- Systems Analysis / Outline specification clarification/creation
- Systems Documentation and Change Control
- Applications interfacing
- Report Writing (Crystal Reports, Infomaker)
- Database administration experience including:
Software installation and Maintenance
Data extraction MS SQL Server 2014, Oracle 11g
Performance Monitoring and Tuning
Database Backup and Recovery
In addition, there will be a need to supplement our Help Desk Support/Network Administration, so it will be advantageous for applicants to have experience in: -
- End-User support - MS Office,
- 1st line Application Support and liaison with suppliers
- Network Administration
- Hardware & Software specification
- End-user training
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or engineering
- Proven interpersonal and client-handling skills, with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail
- A keen interest in the way organisational processes work and the impact they have
- Knowledge and know how to troubleshoot and resolve potential issues
- Organised and self-motivated with the ability to prioritise projects, meet deadlines and accommodate business emergencies
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Lucideon is a leading international materials development and commercialization organization. Through our offices and laboratories in the US, UK and the Far East, Lucideon provides materials and assurance expertise to clients in a wide range of sectors, including healthcare, construction, ceramics, additive manufacturing, energy and power engineering.
Our company aims to improve the competitive advantage and profitability of our clients by providing them with the expertise, accurate results and objective, innovative thinking that they need to optimize their materials, products, processes, systems and businesses.
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Flexible working arrangements (variable start and end times)
- Private medical cover (including a cash plan to pay most excesses, and the option to enrol other family members)
Closing date: 13th Nov 2020.