Setting Out Engineer
Site Engineer - Civils Contractor / Water
Maxwell Consultancy are looking for a Setting Out Engineer to work on a contract/ fixed term basis with a solid background in Heavy Civils and/or Utilities Contractors. We are working with a national business who have significant interests throughout Scotland's Central Belt.
This is a contract position due to start at the earliest opportunity, lasting at least around 12 months with a likelihood of the contract being extended beyond that.
What the role entails:
- Working closely with the Site Agent and Project Manager to ensure planning and programming are adhered to.
- Check and sign off sub-contractor engineering activities
- Setting out lines and levels for some follow on trades
- Handling immediate technical queries on site and taking necessary action to answer queries.
- Implementing instruction and direction from the Site Manager and Project Manager.
- Ensuring all paperwork is managed and kept secure on all site matters
What you should have:
- Experience of acting as an engineer for a Civil Engineering Contractor and/or Utilites Contractor
- Management capabilities with experience of managing multiple subcontractors
- Major Heavy Civils experience; Utilities/Water (preferred)
- SMSTS or SSSTS, CSCS & First Aid certificates (preferred)
What you should expect:
- A key role within an impressively large contract
- 12 months within this position
- Future opportunities within this growing business
- Outstanding levels of support from higher management
Maxwell Consultancy have worked with this highly reputed contractor for several years and can ensure that they provide stability, good working conditions and the potential of future work.
Please apply at your earliest opportunity, we expect to fill this position quickly...... click apply for full job details