Process Improvement Engineer
Ibstock plc is a market leading manufacturer and partner of choice for innovative clay and concrete building products, building the face of Britain for over 200 years.
We're no ordinary manufacturing business. Through our principal products of clay bricks, brick components, concrete roof tiles, concrete stone masonry substitutes, concrete fencing, pre-stressed concrete products and concrete rail products, we're committed to providing new solutions to today's social and environmental challenges for the new build housing and domestic repair, maintenance, improvement markets (RMI) and infrastructure.
Many of our long-standing customer relationships have lasted over 40 years. Our customer focus is based on quality, service and consistency and our service-led ethos is one of the key drivers in the growth of our market share over the past 10 years.
We are currently recruiting for a Process Improvement Engineer for our Dorket Head Site near Nottingham.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Promoting the highest Health and Safety standards to ensure a safe working environment.
- Working with the factory management team to ensure development, promotion and implementation of Company, Factory and Team plans.
- Provision of engineering and technical expertise to facilitate the rigorous application of IMS tools and techniques to generate Continuous Improvement across all areas of the manufacturing capability.
- The collection, assimilation and analysis of engineering, production and process data and its effective use to develop and achieve key targets and objectives.
- Encourage and promote team-working at all times, nurturing ideas, opinions and a positive continuous improvement culture.
- Contribute to the budgeting process and potential Capital Spend.
- Planning and managing improvement projects.
- Supporting the development of the Engineering Team and back up the electrical department.
- Deputising for the Engineering Manager
- Working collaboratively across all Ibstock Brick support functions, by building effective working relationships
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Engineering experience in a similar process environment
- Leadership experience developing successful teams
- Qualified to HNC level or equivalent in an engineering discipline (preferably electrical bias)
- Recognised Health and Safety experience and qualification; ideally NEBOSH certificate
- Demonstrable experience of project management
- Excellent IT skills
- Good communication skills with good people skills who can sell an idea
- Knowledge and experience of utilising and implementing CI tools such as 5S, Kaizen etc
- Ideally apprentice trained in electrical or mechanical engineering...... click apply for full job details