We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join our growing technology team here at Hastings Direct. This is a key role with responsibility for managing the day to day running of the company's server, networking and core business applications.
How you will make a difference
Working closely with the IT Operations Team you will be responsible for providing a responsive, robust and secure environment to support all business needs, ensuring all operational requirements are met for business critical platforms.
- Maintain WAN and LAN networking and storage infrastructure
- Maintain service level agreements for all incidents using an ITIL based approach
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues relating to the company's infrastructure
- Manage relationships with technology suppliers in regards to problem resolution, deliveries/returns and repairs of equipment
- Participate in the on-call rota providing support to resolve major incidents as and when needed
What we are looking for
- A robust understanding of enterprise server operations to include virtualisation, storage and network technologies.
- A good understanding of working within a DevOps environment.
- A strong technical background, with a logical mind, excellent attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- A flexible and adaptable working style with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, from technical staff through to board members and similar external contacts.
- Working knowledge of core Microsoft products including desktop and server operating systems.
Benefits for you
- Competitive basic salary
- Flexible working opportunities
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Excellent pension contributions
- Flexible benefits - buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks...... click apply for full job details