Please note - we no longer use agencies.
About the company
From concept to completion. Established in 2003, we are a rapidly growing Building Services company with a wide range of capabilities. Our offices are located in London, West Sussex, Hampshire, West Yorkshire, Worcestershire, Devon and County Durham.
Concept Building Services (Southern) Ltd are seeking an experienced Mechanical Estimator / Project Co-ordinator to join the existing team, based in our Southampton office.
- Explore pre-construction documentation in order to gain a deep understanding of the project/client requirements
- Research building materials, equipment and labour costs
- Prepare relevant and reliable forecasts
- Conduct risk analysis activities
- Create and present reports to management
- Provide clear quantity take off information for estimating purposes
- Negotiate, Analyse and evaluate pricing
- Prepare and submit tenders
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with stakeholders
- Extensive awareness of construction legislative requirements
- Managing successful projects
- Start to establish a team of in house labour
Qualifications and key skills required:
- Professional Construction management qualification (NVQ, CIOB, BSc or demonstrable experience)
- Extensive trade and technical awareness
- Essential CSCS or willing to undertake training
- Commitment to customer care and customer focus
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience of working with building contracts (JCT, NEC etc.)
Concept Building Services (Southern) Ltd are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from the broad range of demographic.
Concept Building Services (Southern) Ltd will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion in the allocation of duties between employees employed at any level with comparable job descriptions.
Concept Building Services (Southern) Ltd will put in place any reasonable measures and/or adjustments within the workplace for those employees who become disabled during employment or for disabled appointees.
All candidates will be considered solely on their merits for the position advertised...... click apply for full job details