PORTFOLIO DATA ANALYST
PORTFOLIO DATA ANALYST
Navy Command Headquarters, Whale Island, Portsmouth, P02 8BY
This post offers applicants with experience of data modelling and strong I.T skills an excellent opportunity to work with portfolio and programme management offices across Defence in a high-profile team. The successful applicant will support cost management improvements with the aim of achieving better value for money across Defence.
The main role of the successful applicant will be to analyse and present information (both financial and non-financial) that explains baseline statistics and other costings to support the Cost Assurance and Analysis Service (CAAS) Head Office & Navy Command Programme objectives. Working closely with stakeholders to adopt acknowledged good practice. This role requires a highly collaborative approach in delivery of quality outputs. Being responsive to stakeholder priorities and supporting pan-defence working plays a key part in providing evidence-based information to support decision making.
About CAAS – Part of the Ministry of Defence
CAAS has a proud heritage which dates back over 100 years to World War One when it was formed to prevent the munitions industry from overcharging the Government. The complexities of equipment procurement forced the government at the time to recruit its own technical cost accountants into the Civil Service, to advise commercial colleagues what non-competed contract prices should be paid to industry. This continues to be at the heart of CAAS today.
The successful candidate will:
- Use their strong knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Excel and Access including VBA
- Use their proven experience of modelling, option theory, Monte-Carlo simulation techniques and stress testing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of object-oriented programming languages and mathematical modelling software.
- Demonstrate experience of supporting projects and programmes of work to successful delivery
- Provide expertise in structured quantitative and qualitative analytical approaches in tackling issues and tasks, together with strong evidence of good attention to detail.
- Be a highly organised and strong team player.
- Possess strong numerical and data analytics capabilities.
- Utilise experience in managing relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, in order to ensure good working relations and negotiated deliverables.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Use practitioner knowledge of specialist IT systems and software, especially Oracle SQL, Power BI and Micro-Strategy.
Civil Service pension schemes may be available for successful candidates. These offer highly competitive rates and benefits.
- Professional and Personal development of skills tailored to you
- An environment with flexible working options
- 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- In addition to the above annual leave, you will receive 8 public holidays per year
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Gym and / or site shops
For further information please click on apply