Linux Engineer - 3 month period based in Plymouth.
Your new company
Based in the heart of Plymouth you will be working within the Technology Group of this research charity. As part of this team, you will design, develop & support of the Linux infrastructure & networking facilities.
Your new role
You will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Assistance with the monitoring of the Linux hardware & software
- Resolve ongoing issues & provide support to the Linux team
- Provision of scripting solutions to improve functionality
- Improve automation of the Linux server
Your tasks will include:
- User management Server management Service management
- Backup monitoring Liaising with 3rd parties
- General support
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a minimum of 3 years' experience in Linux Administration and possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
In addition, you will need to possess:
- Experience in installation & configuration within a networked environment
- Programming expertise with Python, Bash & Perl would be desirable
- Ability to work autonomously and to tight timelines
- Understanding of NIS and LDAP
What you'll get in return
This is a 3 month contract assignment. Interviews will take place in 2 weeks, so please apply now.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.