Embedded Software Engineer - Technical Lead
Markem-Imaje is a wholly owned subsidiary of the US-based Dover Corporation and is a trusted world manufacturer of product identification and traceability solutions, offering a full line of reliable and innovative inkjet, thermal transfer, laser, and print and apply label systems.
Markem-Imaje provides global reach to over 50,000 customers with 30 subsidiaries, 6 technology centers, several equipment repair centers and manufacturing plants with the most comprehensive marking and coding portfolio available in the marketplace.
Are you looking to step up to the challenge and drive the technical direction of new projects in a global organisationlooking for skilled embedded firmware engineers?
In this role you'll be??? playing a lead role within the local multi-discipline engineering team designing world class marking and coding systems. Pushing for continual improvement of global embedded software development best practices.
You'll have an opportunity to??? take your skills to the next level as you play a lead role in defining the architecture and design for new products while helping the team grow to meet new and exciting challenges.
You should possess??? a passion for embedded product development and a desire to succeed through teamwork and collaboration.
- Align with the System Engineer and other discipline leads (electronics, mechanical,???) on system design and system integration specifications.
- Lead the technical decision making with the embedded software team in an Agile environment.
- Collaborate with software teams across the globe to ensure technical alignment in the specification of common modules.
- Collaborate with and lead remote software development teams.
- Coach and mentor other members of the embedded software team.
- Test and debug own source code as well as related code written by other engineers.
- Lead root cause analysis of failures reported from other departments.
- Drive quality through alignment with global development best practice.
- Push continual improvement ideas through the global embedded software discipline team.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electronics or relevant engineering discipline.
- At least 6 years of professional experience in embedded software and knowledge of development environments.
- Technically oriented from low level (Sensors, Motors, etc) to embedded UI.
- 3 years of experience programming in Modern C++ and use of OOD.
- Working knowledge of modern development practices.
- Exposure to Agile methodology (Scrum, SAFe, etc).
- Strong analytical skills.
GBP40K-50K per annum + bonus + benefitsWhat we offer:
The historic city of Nottingham is a popular destination for all ages. Nottingham is home to world class sport, amazing live performances, excellent nightlife and cutting edge art. The city is home to two universities, and there are a huge variety of fine dining and shopping to be enjoyed. On the outskirts of Nottingham you can find scenic landscape and plenty of family attractions...... click apply for full job details