Support Worker (Care)
Support Worker (Care), Rochester
We have an opportunity for a Support Worker (Care) to join our team based in Rochester on a full time, permanent contract, working a minimum of 40 hours per week, some of which will be unsocial. The post includes some travel and overnight stops can be expected. We are offering the successful candidate a competitive salary of GBP21,264 per annum plus pension and excellent benefits.
Langley House Trust is an innovative Christian charity that provides specialist housing, programmes and support services in the community for offenders seeking to live crime-free lives. Since 1958, we have earned an enviable reputation for reducing reoffending with proven results. Regardless of a person's history, our passion is to change every life for the better, working with people of all faiths and none. We love our work and enjoy Investors in People Gold accreditation and have recently been announced the winner of the 24 Housing Awards 2019 Care and Support Provider of the year.
What we can offer you?
- 20 days annual leave (rising to 30 days after 3 years' service) plus bank holidays
- Pension matching up to 8%
- Full Training
- Access to a company holiday flat in Torquay
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
As our Support Worker (Care) you will assist in the delivery of a stable and effective programme by the efficient delivery of the day-to-day service, within set budgets and to the agreed levels of quality as defined within the Langley House Trust Business Plan, Project performance measures and CQC Key Lines of Enquiry. You will support Clients to achieve the outcomes laid out in their Care/Support Plan.
Responsibilities of our Support Worker (Care) include:
- Key work and support clients generally within your project
- Provide personal care to identified clients
- Keep health related records for clients as necessary
- Take an active role in the assessment and management of risk
- Maintain a clear and calm manner whilst managing client risk
- Regularly fully utilise the Trust 'Client File' with designated clients
- Provide support and guidance to other Support Workers
- Promote and support client involvement
- Assist in the management of the referral process
- Apply Emergency First Aid response to clients
The Shrubbery is a project that supports 15 clients from age 18 up to 90 with varying needs including mental health and learning difficulties. You would be part of a friendly team of 16 staff who would agree that no 2 days are the same
If you want to work for a values-led charity that makes a real difference to people's lives, apply today to become our Support Worker (Care).
Closing Date: 29/10/2020
Interview Date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this advert earlier if we receive sufficient applicants.
A satisfactory Enhanced DBS check is required for this role and job offers will be subject to the Trust receiving satisfactory evidence of the successful applicant's right to work in the UK...... click apply for full job details