Infrastructure Engineer, Windows Powershell, Castle Donington to GBP32K
Infrastructure Engineer, Exchange, Windows Server, Powershell, Castle Donington, Derbyshire to GBP32K
An established ecommerce software house are requiring an Infrastructure Engineer / IT Administrator to join their small dynamic infrastructure team. They are at the fore front of their software domain with global clients and ever-growing infrastructure needs.
Duties of the Infrastructure Engineer / IT Administrator will include:
• Managing firewall configuration;
• Administering Windows domain;
• Administering Hosted Environment
• Diagnosing and solving hardware, software and network connectivity faults;
• Installing and configuring laptops, printers, security routers and network equipment.
• Configuring application web sites for production and test environments
• Procuring services and raising support tickets for customers.
Essential Skills of the IT Administrator:
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent problem-solving, organisational and analytical skills;
• Ability to communicate clearly and work effectively as part of a team;
• Adaptable learner, ability to work under pressure;
• General 1st line support. This may include, general user administration, desktop rebuilds/maintenance;
• Understand networking principles in a Microsoft environment, e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, VPN's & LAN/WAN's;
• Proficiently operate and troubleshoot Windows 10 desktop and Windows 2012/2016/2019 Servers operating systems including proficiency in wireless networking;
• Experience of Linux beneficial
• Microsoft Exchange Administration, Housekeeping and troubleshooting would be beneficial.
• A good understanding of virtualisation technologies and administration
• A good understanding of using PowerShell
• Repairing hardware & raising application faults with service providers
• Software installations & application troubleshooting
• Ability to troubleshoot problems on a variety of devices under their own initiative
• Having an understanding of VMware / SharePoint / Team Foundation / Office 365 would also be beneficial, although this is not essential.
The role will include occasional travel to customer sites, as well as out of hours support work
This is an excellent opportunity, offering any candidate the opportunity to work in a highly technical environment, using the latest technologies where you can bounce ideas off the other technicians in the team...... click apply for full job details