Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer - Nottingham
Exciting opportunity for a Full-stack developer to work with cutting edge technologies. In this role, you will be joining my client's team of software engineers, data scientists and modellers. The team provides a variety of technical solutions to clients, including data-driven solutions to support economic and business decision-making of there customers and their trading activities.
You will be responsible for building end-to-end solutions to a production standard. The solutions will be used by pools of users and are business-critical. You will work in a team supporting experienced data scientists and modellers, bringing their models to life, and alongside a wider pool of experienced software developers.
• Ability to deliver end-to-end full-stack applications, working on both back and front-end development of web applications.
• Experiencing working with and building web APIs.
• Experience with and interest in delivering functional and usable front-end visualisations.
• Experience coding in Python, or at least demonstrated programming skills in similar languages and an ability to learn.
• Ability to think independently, and not just to write code under direct supervision.
• Experience working as part of Agile and DevOps setups.
• Analytically minded and mathematically proficient.
• Experience with non-relational and relational databases.
• Someone motivated to develop algorithmic solutions to customer needs, which may be relatively simple much of the time. You should have demonstrated skills converting high-level logic or desired outcomes into working code.
• A curious, open attitude with a demonstrated history of acquiring domain knowledge or expertise in non-development areas and collaborating with colleagues in other areas.
• Knowledge in trading and energy would be useful but can be taught to the right candidate...... click apply for full job details