An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Catering Assistant to join our Kitchen team at Valorum Care.
You will be situated in one of our beautiful residential homes where we care for our Physically Disabled service users. A huge part of this is making sure the meals are varied, healthy and fun, and the service users are happy.
- Part time permanent contract available - 13.5 hours per week
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Assist in the preparation and cooking of food in accordance with the menu
- Maintain close working relationships with the care team and customers in order to provide suitable menus.
- Participate in the preparation and cleaning of the kitchen and dining areas as per cleaning schedule, ensuring that the required standard is met, including compliance with COSHH requirements.
- Follow HACCP system guidelines in the storage, preparation & serving of food.
- Serve food and beverages as required to customers as directed by line manager
- Ensure the mealtime process is safe, comfortable and enjoyable for customers, assisting customers with food & beverages as required.
- Use all equipment safely and appropriately and be aware of health and safety regulations in the workplace
To be considered for this amazing position we would like you to:
- Have a recognised catering qualification, or commitment to work towards one
- Have level 2 food hygiene certificate
- Have basic literacy and numeracy
- Have experience of working in a kitchen environment
At Valorum Care we are committed to improving the standards of our care in every way possible. We will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to gain NVQ level qualifications in Catering amongst other qualifications.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a fast growing, exciting business, improve your own experience and make sure you are in an industry that makes a real difference to peoples lives...... click apply for full job details