PHP Laravel Developer
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and talented Fullstack Developer (PHP/Laravel) to join our talented and agile team of professionals working on a range of projects for global clients. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with outstanding visual design.
You will be working as part of our team of developers to produce quality, reliable and scalable code to help develop our internal and external projects.
Whilst there may be some front-end development required the ideal candidate will primarily be working on developing new and existing functionality using PHP OOP with mostly MYSQL and PostgreSQL backends so you will also have a sound knowledge of SQL, HTML and JSON.
You must be able to write clean, optimised, logical code for projects that can integrate with minimal ease for models, classes, and inline scripts. You will be supported and encouraged to take full ownership of your work and make key decisions with the support of your peers and team manager.
The successful candidate should have a background in backend web development, either agency or client-side.
Therefore, the main demonstrable skills you'll have will include:
- Previous working experience as a PHP / Laravel developer for at least 3 years
- In depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel PHP Framework
- Hands on experience with SQL schema design, SOLID principles, REST API design
- MySQL profiling and query optimization
- Creative and efficient problem solver
- A good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, or SVN
- Comfortable with Agile project management practices and task management through JIRA
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components
- Coordinate with co-developers and keeps project manager well informed of the status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and project manager
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
Working as part of an experienced Development team you'll be performing a number of tasks from the very start of a project from concept through to linking your elegant code to the front-end interfaces and on to testing and deployment.
In addition, you'll also need to be well-organised, work well as part of a team even when located remotely and keep calm under pressure. As the role shall be partly client-facing you'll need to demonstrate good communication skills at all times.
We are very open to all applicants who can demonstrate the required skills, regardless of how, when or where they were acquired.
Ideal Personal attributes:
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Well presented
- Good communicator - able to clearly articulate creative rationale behind concepts/proposals
- A desire to contribute and bring ideas and innovations to the team
Candidates are expected to present and discuss code examples and explain the rationale behind design and implementation decisions during interview. Candidates will also be expected to spend a few hours with members of the team, if shortlisted, where they will undertake some relevant tests which will require hands-on coding. This essential activity helps us gain a real understanding of your skills and also allows you experience a small piece of life in our agency.
The role is expected to develop, and the successful candidate will be able to take part in every stage of the software lifecycle and utilise a range of growing new technologies. Teamwork is an essential part of the job as is a passion for web development and an interest in mobile technologies.
- Type: Full time/permanent
- Salary: Competitive salary depending upon experience (estimate GBP28-35K)
- Location: Home and remote working
- Start: As soon as possible/Immediate
Operating in a distributed manner across the UK we are a creative agency providing a range of services encompassing branding, service design, website development, mobile applications, design for print, video, exhibition stand design, animation and more.
Our website will illustrate some of our recent work.
We have a virtual office in central London, but in general the team work remotely, either at home or with clients. The precise working arrangements are open to discussion...... click apply for full job details