Front End Developer
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and talented Front-End Web Developer (HTML5/CSS3 coder) to help service the needs of our demanding client base. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
Ultimately, you should be able to create a functional and attractive digital environment for our company and our clients, ensuring great user experience.
The successful candidate should have a background in Front-End Web development ideally with Digital Agency experience and Design (Adobe suite of products) experience.
Therefore, the main demonstrable skills you'll have will include:
- CSS / HTML using various frameworks, of which a strong knowledge of Bootstrap would be advantageous
- Experience of developing CSS Stylesheets
- Solid understanding of (responsive) design and how it works across the fluid device landscape
- A working knowledge of .NET and PHP would be an advantage, but not essential. However, it will be essential that you have the ability to work with other development team members to readily integrate the front-end code with the backend content delivery and programming
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and contribute to team knowledge
- Turn UI/UX designs into prototypes, creating excellent interactions from designs
- Write reusable code and libraries (with matching documentation) to a standard which makes it quick and easy to maintain the code in the future
- Optimise applications for maximum scalability
- Optimise applications for maximum speed
- Familiarity with browser and device testing and debugging
- Understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- A solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, and ways to work around them
- A good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, or SVN
- A good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and Ajax
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Adobe XD, Photoshop and content management systems
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
You will have built up an ability and understanding of website development that allows you to transform visual designs into compliant, responsive HTML/CSS that works on the current plethora of devices and browsers. Because of your skill set and experience future browser and device developments will represent an exciting challenge for you.
In keeping with software developments from Adobe, our current workflow uses Adobe XD to generate layouts and if you are not already conversant with this software you will need to become so. You will of course already be comfortable working with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks.
Working as part of an experienced Development team you'll be performing a number of tasks - website build, modification and maintenance, HTML5/CSS3 and Front End Development work linking your elegant code to backend CMS and MySQL, Postgres and SQL Server databases which our development team will be connecting to in either .NET, PHP or Ruby.
An appreciation of good design and the importance of the user experience would be seen as beneficial. The role and the nature of the client requirements will mean that you will also be engaged in the design concepting for new websites, providing support for existing and future websites, data input, client liaison and website upgrades and maintenance.
In addition, you'll also need to be well-organised, work well as part of a team even when located remotely and keep calm under pressure. As the role shall be partly client-facing you'll need to demonstrate good communication skills at all times.
We are very open to all applicants who can demonstrate the required skills, regardless of how, when or where they were acquired.
Ideal Personal attributes:
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Well presented
- Good communicator - able to clearly articulate creative rationale behind concepts/proposals
- A desire to contribute and bring ideas and innovations to the team
Candidates are expected to present and discuss code examples and explain the rationale behind design and implementation decisions during interview. Candidates will also be expected to spend a few hours with members of the team, if shortlisted, where they will undertake some relevant tests which will require hands-on coding. We feel this helps us gain a real understanding of your skills and also allows you experience a small piece of life in the agency.
The role is expected to develop, and the successful candidate will be able to take part in every stage of the software lifecycle and utilise a range of growing new technologies. Teamwork is an essential part of the job as is a passion for web development and an interest in mobile technologies.
- Type: Full time/permanent
- Salary: Competitive salary depending upon experience (estimate GBP27-32K)
- Location: Home and remote working
- Start: As soon as possible/Immediate
Operating in a distributed manner across the UK we are a creative agency providing a range of services encompassing branding, service design, website development, mobile applications, design for print, video, exhibition stand design, animation and more.
Our website will illustrate some of our recent work.
We have a virtual office in central London, but most of the time the team work remotely, either at home or with clients. The precise working arrangements are open to discussion...... click apply for full job details