Commercial Gas Engineer
Commercial Gas Engineer
Location: HMP Guys Marsh, Shaftesbury, Dorset, SP7 0AH
Salary: GBP36K - GBP39K per annum
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with an employee count of 1400.
GFSL is a Ministry of Justice owned non -profit making company who supply facilities management services to c50 prisons over the South of the UK.
Most of the works we undertake are within controlled areas and support the safe operation of the prisons.
Having formed in February 2018, GFSL has prospered in supplying quality services to all of its establishments. With a staff count of c1400 we strive to be the FM employer of choice.
We are seeking a Commercial Gas Engineer to assume responsibility for the following:
- Ensuring the site is maintained to the agreed standard with the undertaking of planned and reactive service and maintenance, breakdown and fault finding and repair tasks on a range of plumbing, heating and water supply/services throughout the estate.
- Undertaking survey inspections for quality control purposes including in confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/logs.
- Regular supervision of prisoners undertaking quality control over prisoner work as agreed within the Service Specification.
We are looking for an exceptional Combustion Engineer with:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role heating engineer, gas engineer or similar.
- Qualifications in C&G 6035 (Plumbing), C&G 6189 (Plumbing and heating) and NVQ level 3 in Plumbing or equivalent.
- CCN1 - Core domestic gas safety and relevant domestic appliance units
- COCN1 - Core commercial gas safety certificate and relevant commercial units (Desirable)
- Must be familiar with and able to work to Water Supply Regulation and Control of Legionella L8 requirements
- Must be familiar with and able to work to Gas safe (installation and use) regulations 1998 and associated industry Standards
- Experience of working with commercial catering gas appliances would be beneficial
As a successful candidate you'll be able to demonstrate that you are a hands-on supervisor with excellent customer relationship skills.
You will be familiar with routine preventative maintenance and reactive works and be able to organise your own workload and work to deadlines. You will have a good knowledge of health and safety requirements.
Why join us?
* In addition to the below we have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that we undertake to maintain the prison estate, and so the stability and security that we offer to employees is even more relevant than ever *
You will be joining a core part of the public sector, and as a government employee can be assured of the job security and stability that the volatile private sector simply can't provide.
You will have a consistent place of work, a supportive team around you, and be valued for your skill and experience, rather than forced to focus on profit margins for shareholders.
If you are successful, you will be offered a competitive salary along with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and entry into our pension scheme from day one.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you and you'd like to find out more then please apply today and we'll be in touch.
National Security vetting requirements, for working within the Prison Estate - Successful applicants will need to confirm their employment history for at least 5 years prior to the date of application so that pre-employment checks can be undertaken. If you have spent significant time abroad (a total of 6 months in the past 5 years) you would be required to give a reasonable account.
No agencies please!..... click apply for full job details