Our client in the logistics sector has an exciting new opportunity to head up a Procurement function to support the organisation's objectives and ambitions, with a focus across development of strategy, best practice policy and process improvement, cost savings and minimising risk.
You will be responsible for developing and communicating a procurement business plan which will establish and embed of policies, procedures and systems that support the company's purchasing of goods and services. Where appropriate you will develop centralised procurement program that adds value and efficiency to the organisation.
Your will have excellent relationship building skills and partner closely with internal and external customers, to determine their product and service needs and deliver effective procurement strategies. In addition you will nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business or equivalent, ideally in Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
- Logistics, preferably pharmaceutical industry, 'Operational' facing experience.
- Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in procurement, sourcing, supplier collaboration, development and compliance
- A track record of delivering savings and collaborative working
- Strong stakeholder management skills/ evidence of working closely with clients
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures, Logistics Skills, Strategic Planning Abilities,
- Knowledge of Supply Management Software
To apply for this role send your CV to
Recruiting a similar role?
Bis Henderson work with businesses to hire professionals on a permanent and interim basis across professional, management and executive roles.
Specialising in Supply Chain recruitment, Logistics recruitment, Procurement recruitment and eCommerce recruitment, we deliver candidates that meet your objectives - every time.
For more information please call .
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.