Apprentice IT Solutions Technician 18 Month Apprenticeship
Apprentice IT Solutions Technician – 18 Month Apprenticeship
Green Park Business Park, Reading (office/field based, with travel to visit customers)
Are you an organised individual who enjoys learning new things and solving problems? Like the idea of transforming your interest in IT into an exciting, engaging career? If so, read on.
Who will I be working for?
GK Apprenticeships are recruiting on behalf of Winpos, an organisation that helps their customers to achieve business through reliable, innovative and cost-efficient EPOS (electronic point of sale) solutions. Currently, they serve customers in the hospitality, leisure and retail industries.
They are currently looking for an Apprentice IT Solutions Technician to join their team on an 18 month apprenticeship.
What are the benefits?
- Salary of £300 per week
- Company laptop and mobile
- Potential £200 car allowance after successful completion of the apprenticeship
- Your birthday off
- Perks including gym membership re-imbursement
- Increase your industry experience and gain a valuable qualification
- The chance to take on a permanent role after your apprenticeship and earn £18,000 with annual pay reviews
- Develop your career with a successful business that has great staff retention
What will I be doing?
As an Apprentice IT Solutions Technician, you’ll become a Winpos product guru and help customers to get the most out of their solutions.
This is a varied apprenticeship where you’ll have the chance to wear many hats and gain hands-on experience in a wide array of tasks.
You’ll have the opportunity to work in very different environments, such as on board a ferry, in a stadium’s retail store, or in variety hospitality environments, such as bars, clubs, restaurants and pubs.
You will learn how to:
- Provide technical support to customers and colleagues
- Train others in the use of Winpos products
- Carry out configurations on products and other EPOS solutions
- Perform installations of hardware and software systems
- Help the Sales Department by setting up products for demonstrations
What do I need?
To be considered as an Apprentice IT Solutions Technician, you’ll need:
- A Levels (or equivalent) in an IT-related subject
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths and English at grade C/4 or above
- A full driving licence
- A positive and outgoing demeaner and be happy to communicate via video link, phone, email and face to face
- Good communication skills
- Strong time-management abilities
Ideally, you will also have MS Office skills, including Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook. Experience in the retail or hospitality industries would also be an advantage, as would experience of working on POS previously.
Other organisations may call this role Apprentice IT Support Technician, Trainee Product Support Technician, Junior IT Support Technician, Apprentice Technical Support Analyst, Trainee IT Support Advisor, or Junior Product Support Specialist.
This role would be suitable for those considering an IT Apprenticeship, IT Internship, or Technical Apprenticeship.
This is a full-time role, working 9:00 – 17:00, Monday – Friday. You will also work on call weekends once a month which will allow you to earn extra money.
Please note, we have the right to close this vacancy early should we receive sufficient applications. As such, we encourage candidates to submit their application as soon as possible.
So, if you think you could succeed as an Apprentice IT Solutions Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.