We are looking to hire an excellent Buyer/ Planner to join our team on a permanent basis in Slough.
In this role you will be responsible for scheduling, planning and purchasing of a defined commodity to provide excellent material availability for the UK shop floor teams.
This is a great opportunity to join a strong team and a market leading FTSE100 company, where there are great opportunities to develop your career further.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and schedule via MRP Exception Messages
- Manage Purchasing Master Data for the Commodity to ensure price and lead times are accurate maintained
- Create new part Request for Quotations (RFQ's).
- Ensure Purchase Orders (External and Intercompany) are placed in a timely manner to achieve request date and maintain customer satisfaction
- Manage Purchase and Invoice Price Variance reports (PPV & IPV) for commodity
- Vendor Expediting to maintain accurate delivery information
- Resolve Supplier Quality Notifications
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- You have previous experience in a Supply Chain environment, preferably in a similar position
- IT competence, ideally SAP Materials Management (MM) and Microsoft Office
- Some level of understanding of technical drawings is a plus
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills at all levels
- You could be successful in this role if you have great expediting and negotiation skills, you are strong in decision making, prioritizing, problem-solving and you can work within strict deadlines.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers' operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane () is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (GBP830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components...... click apply for full job details