Ibstock plc is a market leading manufacturer and partner of choice for innovative clay and concrete building products, building the face of Britain for over 200 years.
We're no ordinary manufacturing business. Through our principal products of clay bricks, brick components, concrete roof tiles, concrete stone masonry substitutes, concrete fencing, pre-stressed concrete products and concrete rail products, we're committed to providing new solutions to today's social and environmental challenges for the new build housing and domestic repair, maintenance, improvement markets (RMI) and infrastructure.
Many of our long-standing customer relationships have lasted over 40 years. Our customer focus is based on quality, service and consistency and our service-led ethos is one of the key drivers in the growth of our market share over the past 10 years.
We are currently recruiting for a Stores Administrator to come and join our Parkhouse factory near Crackley, Newcastle-Under-Lyme.
R ole Summary:
The successful applicant will be a member of a multi-functional administration team aiming to achieve key targets within the departmental environment, thereby helping to deliver Cost, Compliance and Effective Management of the engineering stores, inventory systems and to optimise the performance of the factory.
The Stores Administrator role will take responsibility of ensuring the stores is operated to the company stores policy and ensuring the inventory is both accurate and available when required.
S pecific responsibilities include:
- Promoting the highest Health & Safety standards to ensure a safe working environment.
- Working with the Factory Management Team to ensure development, promotion and implementation of company, factory and team plans.
- Procurement of materials, goods and services.
- Management and administration of a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS), engineering data base and stores management system.
- Ensuring that all relevant data is stored accurately.
- Rigorous application of all IMS tools & techniques to generate and facilitate Continuous Improvement Practices across all areas of the manufacturing facility to optimise capability.
- Implement and sustain World Class 5S standards of 5S within the stores.
- Work collaboratively across all support functions, by building effective working relationships.
- Work with the Engineering Shift Managers to ensure effective engineering spares availability.
- Work with the factory team to ensure effective shutdown planning.
- Work with the Group Stores Controller to ensure group stores standards are maintained and adhered to.
- Work with and maintaining a good relationship with our supply partners to optimise our procurement needs.
- Ensure that stores inventory and purchasing procedures are fully adhered to and that stocks are physically audited in accordance with current Company Policy.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Previous experience of stores management, supplier interaction and inventory control.
- Outstanding practitioner with energy, commitment, drive, adaptability, creativity, and the ability to multi-task.
- The ability to analyse and interpret data to identify key trends and opportunities to increase machine availability.
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety Law and best practice application of this within a manufacturing environment.
- Able to implement and drive performance improvement using Continuous Improvement tools & techniques.
- Excellent communication skills & telephone manner.
- Financially astute, able to interpret and work to budgets and cost control measures.
- Computer literate including proprietary management information systems and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrable experience of general administration activities.