Learning & Development Specialist
Here at Orbit we work with some of the UK's biggest water companies and over the last 20 years we've helped create tailor-made plans for thousands of customers, taking their individual situation into account. We are proud to be recognised as leading specialist in the industry. The atmosphere at our contact centres is fun, friendly rewarding with something always going on to entertain and motivate our staff.
Due to exciting company growth, we are looking for our next Learning & Development Specialist to join our exceptional team. Our department mission is to ensure everyone has the skills and knowledge to perform in their role to the best of their ability whilst delivering excellence to our clients and customers alike.
As a Learning and Development Specialist, you will be responsible for equipping our employees with the tools they need to flourish in our business. Delivering skills and knowledge-based training face-to-face and virtually as well as empowering individuals to complete self-managed learning with coaching and support through structured inductions.
As the Learning and Development Specialist, you will report to the Learning & Development Manager and be responsible for:
- Designing high quality training materials using leading edge adult learning techniques which meet individual and business needs
- Delivering effective training solutions in a professional manner
- Effectively evaluate training programmes to ensure all requirements are met and make any recommendations for continuous improvements
- Maintain training materials in accordance with company guidelines to ensure information is current and accurate
- Managing your own personal development activities to ensure industry and department knowledge is indepth and up to date
- Act as a brand ambassador for Orbit always, maintaining a leadby-example manner aligning with our company values
As the successful Learning and Development Specialist, you must have:
- Previous experience of facilitation or delivery of training
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent listening and coaching skills
- High attention to detail and organisation skills
- Proven ability to achieve and maintain excellent quality work
- Professional demeanour, patient and approachable
- Good written and verbal communication skills on all levels
- Ability to keep selfmotivated and manage own time effectively
- Knowledge of working with a Learning Management System and understanding the benefit of online eLearning
- Experience of working with clients and/or suppliers is an advantage but not essential
- A CIPD qualification or equivalent Level 3 qualification would be preferred but not essential
If you possess or are working towards a coaching qualification or have any experience of designing blended learning solutions, this would be an advantage but not essential.
Please note; travel may be required therefore a full, clean driving licence is essential.
What is great about working for us?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Business Reward vouchers, fantastic discounts through our stateof-the-art online portal
- Contributory Pension
- 31 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Refer a Friend rewards
- Regular training and education to ensure you're always up to date
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm with 30 a minute break. Due to the nature of our business, flexibility and travel is required.
So, if you have a genuine passion for Learning & Development, thrive from delivering excellence and want to make a real difference then this could be the role for you.
Please apply by following the directions on the website.
Orbit is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably skilled applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Due to the nature of our business, we will conduct credit, fraud, criminal record and 5-year reference checks as part of our pre-employment screening on all successful candidates.
Please note, our checks are not based on your credit score - if you have any further questions about any part of the process, please email and use 'Orbit LDS' as a subject for your email...... click apply for full job details