Please apply with a CV and a covering letter of no more than 2 sides a4 addressing the person specification.
Hope Projects are looking for a digitally aware fundraiser to help us grow our fundraising from individuals in a post Covid-19 world.
- Help us develop a strong digital and social media identity?
- Work with staff, volunteers and most importantly clients to communicate Hope’s work to our supporters?
- Develop a network of individual and corporate donors?
- Significantly increase our annual donated income from its current £35,000 pa?
The successful candidate is likely to be a creative social media communicator, committed to promoting the rights of asylum seekers - with a track record, paid or unpaid, of effective income generation from individual supporters.
Working primarily from home, but from time to time from Hope’s office and properties in Birmingham.
Hours: Initially 24 hours per week, worked flexibly (0.6 FTE) for 6 months then 16 hours per week (0.4 FTE)
Salary: £15,790 pa for 6 months then £10,527 pa (NJC .22 pro rata of £26317, pending 2020 payrise)
Contract: 12 month fixed contract, to be extended if income targets are met.
Responsible to: Coordinator
Develop and implement a coherent and sustainable approach to fundraising from individuals. The role is 2 days per week; the workload will vary but over the course of a year, it will be expected to include all of the following at some point:
- Building relationships with clients, and helping them safely share their stories where appropriate
- Taking a lead on raising Hope’s digital profile, including management of social media.
- Raising Hope’s profile through traditional media
- Organising fundraising events, including online events
- Raising public awareness of the issue of asylum destitution and the work of Hope Projects
- Contributing to public- and policy maker- facing campaigning
- gathering new supporters at events and significant dates/times such as Refugee Week
- Encouraging supporters to undertake sponsored events
- Targeted fundraising campaigns throughout the year
- Identifying and developing partnerships with corporate donors to help fulfil their CSR strategies
- Identifying, approaching, building relationships with and obtaining donations from major donors
- Maintaining an up-to-date database of donors and supporters
- Regularly reporting on all income generated, and any other Key Performance Indicators, as agreed with the coordinator
- Representing the charity as required
- Participating in support and supervision
- Attending and contributing to staff team meetings and attending training as required
- Any other duties reasonably expected
Skills / abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to communicate persuasively to a range of audiences in person and online
- Competent with Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, Wordpress and online fundraising platforms such as CAF Donate.
- Experience, paid or unpaid, of successful fundraising from individuals Experience of using social media to effectively promote charities, causes or businesses
- Understanding of data protection law and good practice as it relates to fundraising
- A motivated self starter A strong commitment to promoting the rights of refused asylum seekers
Apply for Fundraiser (Individuals)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly