Glennon Bros. is one of the leading timber processors with plants in the UK and Ireland. In existence since 1913, the group currently employs approximately 460 people.
Glennon Brothers Ltd is now pleased to invite applications for the position of Maintenance Engineer.
We currently have Maintenance Engineer positions available in our Troon and Edinburgh facilities. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Engineer will work closely with the existing maintenance team to maintain the plant, ensure plant downtime is minimized and plant throughput maximized.
Core responsibilities for this role include:
▪ Respond to plant downtime to ensure that the plant can maximize throughput;
▪ Responsible for repairing and replacing damaged equipment;
▪ Utilize IT systems to record work completed;
▪ Interrogate, fault find and resolve any problems that are shown on the company’s equipment;
▪ Active participation in and close out of assigned tasks associated with summer & winter overhauls to ensure all plant equipment is maintained and repaired as required;
▪ Active participation and meaningful engagement in continuous improvement activities and meetings;
▪ Repair and overhaul of all plant & equipment as required;
▪ Completion of work permits as required and adherence to health and safety standards;
▪ Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives.
▪ Participation in special projects as required.
Candidates for this position must possess:
▪ Relevant experience in a heavy mechanical facility would be beneficial;
▪ Strong problem solving and analytical skills with ability to prioritize key tasks and meet challenging deadlines;
▪ Strong attention to detail and concern for standards with a keen results orientation;
▪ Flexible and willingness to cover a 24/7 shift pattern;
▪ Well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to work in teams, to interact with production/maintenance colleagues and managers alike;
▪ Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to take and respond to direction as required;
▪ Self-motivated individual who has strong customer focus and can work on one’s own initiative;
All applicants should hold City & Guilds or similar vocational qualifications and have completed an apprenticeship or recognised training in mechanical or electrical disciplines.
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate. All interested applicants should apply in writing with Curriculum Vitae by clicking 'Apply' below.
Glennon Brothers is an equal opportunities employer
Apply for Maintenance Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly