Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
Here at Hartley Botanic, we offer beautiful, elegant and practical Greenhouses and Glasshouses with a worldwide reputation for perfect design, enduring strength, unparalleled quality and everlasting performance.
Providing beautiful ranges of Greenhouses and Glasshouses for the everyday gardener, to the largest bespoke designs across our Victorian, Modern and Heritage ranges, Hartley Botanic works hard to cater to the needs of every individual customer and gardener and every individual garden.
Each one of our products is individually designed to the specification of the customer, whether for professional or private need. We pride ourselves on the quality of our workmanship, and work closely with our customers to ensure they get exactly what they need.
We are looking for a diligent and experienced Procurement Manager who will support the busines and help to build our procurement function.
This is a standalone role which reports directly to the Head of Production. You must be proactive and have excellent communication skills, experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment and the ability to be flexible to meet the needs of a 06:00 – 22:00 working environment. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to further develop our procurement strategy.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Negotiating with external suppliers, ensuring highest quality, best price and on time delivery dates
- Track and report on deliveries and update stocking sheets as required
- Ensuring all stock levels are maintained to agreed minimum safety levels within the Production Departments across the business
- Manage electronic and paper filing systems
- Maintaining the purchase order copies in the correct customer files for future reference
- Examine and test existing contacts, identify savings within key areas, building effective relationships with supplier contacts and ensuring the continuity of supplies
- Minimise risk to the business in the event of supplier failure by identifying alternative suppliers
- Update and maintain the purchase order database and purchase order board
- Collaborate with key personnel to ensure clarity on specification requirements
- Ensure all delivery notes and invoices correspond with the purchase order value agreed before passing them over to the Accounts Department for processing
- Prepare monthly procurement reports
- Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results
- Areas to be measured by KPIs: cost savings internal and external customers, quality improvements and on time delivery schedules
- Hold suitable qualifications or equivalent experience in procurement
- Have a working knowledge of quality system requirements
- Numerate and articulate with a logical mindset
- Have significant self-motivation and initiative with the ability to manage your own workload and work with minimum supervision
- Excellent communications skills
- The ability to work supportively as part of a team with a friendly and approachable personality
- A high degree of accuracy and the ability to work within required tolerances
- Good leadership skills with the ability to collaborate at all levels
Other organisations may call this role Purchasing Manager, Buyer, Senior Buyer, Manufacturing Procurement Manager, Material Purchasing Manager, or Senior Materials Buyer.
Webrecruit and Hartley Botanic are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to make a difference and support our activities as a Procurement Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.