Project Engineering Manager
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
There's nothing better than knowing you're part of a team that has made something perfect for someone. This commitment to perfection means our Project Engineering Manager play a crucial role in maintaining the already high standards of our family-run business. With your proven experience of working within a similar position, together we will create perfect homes for the future.
We are recruiting for an experienced Project Engineering Manager, to be based in our East Midlands Region. The ideal candidate must be happy and willing to travel as this role is split 50/50, covering Deepcar and Hinckley. The role will be both challenging yet rewarding, managing all aspects of technical due diligence and ensuring that all risks have been identified. When people buy a new home, they want everything to be absolutely perfect. So do we, and that extends beyond our homes to include the design, construction, Land and maintenance of everything from highways to drainage facilities. Our commitment to excellence means you can play a crucial role in maintaining the already high standards of a genuine industry leader.
- Managing all aspects of technical due diligence ensuring that all risks have been identified and where practicable de-risked in advance of contract.
- Establishing the most cost effective engineering solutions, having regard for time and practicality, pre and post planning. Understanding complex geotechnical issues and be familiar with remediation methods of solutions for brownfield sites. Have a familiarity with coal mining areas and the treatment of historic below ground issues.
- Ensuring utility solutions have been established & costed.
- Ensure technical compliance with Regulations enabling a seamless transition in the progress of production on site.
- Ensuring that the design respects budgetary constraints.
- Procuring surveys and investigations necessary to facilitate design.
- Complying with the Company's procedures relating to coverage 'what ifs' and layouts which consider mix, design, buildability and efficiencies.
- Reviewing engineering and utility solutions to ensure that they are correct and deliverable having regard for time and cost.
- Liaising between the contractors to enable site efficiencies and clarity of responsibilities with regard to remediation, contamination, enabling works, roads, sewers and services delivery and access.
- Establishing and maintaining design/project programmes that accord with procurement and construction requirements and timings.
- Ensuring timely and comprehensive construction information, including working drawings and all related third party and legal information, specialist consultant information and appropriate mitigation measures exist to facilitate an unhindered build.
- Managing the relevant agreements such as Section 278, 38 and 104 to ensure that they do not create any delays of construction commencement on site.
- Managing consultants and contractors in regard to any environmental issues in respect of site remediation and ensuring that all necessary regulatory approvals are in place.
- Assisting with the timely discharge of planning conditions.
- Managing the discharge of both warranty and building control conditions in line with the programme.
- Overseeing the timely procurement of all statutory utility services both temporary and permanent.
- Investigating alternative forms of construction that improve the buildability and commercial success of our developments.
- Managing the handover of any open space and other managed areas to the appointed Managing Agent.
- Undertaking regular works inspections to ensure quality, finish and design have been achieved as per the contract documentation.
- Supervision of contractors work on-site to eliminate cost variation and delays.
- Following site supervision advice on options to minimise costs on improve deliverability.
- Preparing viability and detailed designs to establish a satisfactory resolution of engineering issues.
- Appoint and monitor Environmental and Geotechnical Consultants to provide solutions for the delivery of brownfield sites.
- Liaising with Designers in relation to the development of housing layouts with a view to offering advice on value engineering.
- Assisting in the production of site appraisals.
- Developing road and sewer designs with the approving bodies in order to solve all associated engineering issues.
- Preparing/co-ordinating external levels drawings and private drainage drawings.
- Managing Consultants.
- Assembling and delivering the civil engineering packages.
- Discharging engineering related and building related issues.
- Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
- Complying with and upholding company policies and procedures.
- Undertaking any additional tasks as may be reasonably be required from time to time.
- Maintaining all health and safety aspects associated with Covid-19.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
- Experience of working for a house builder or consultancy in a similar role.
- Experience with contaminated land and remediation schemes.
- Experience with production of engineering designs.
- Dealing with various authorities including planning, EA, Coal Authority, NHBC etc.
- HNC Construction & The Built Environment, Civil Engineering Studies or similar.
- Extensive knowledge of Section agreements.
- Knowledge and application of:
- Highway Design Standards.
- Sewers for adoption.
- Building Regs Part H & BS8301.
- Coal mining, remediation and exclamation of brownfield sites.
- Appreciation and knowledge of:
- Building regulations.
- Structural and foundation design.
- Company Car
- Bupa Health Care Cover
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- 33 days holiday entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Group Staff Discount at Triumph Motorcycles ltd.
- Competitive discount on our homes (dependent upon the property and location)
- Discounted rates on building materials, home items and media packages from our suppliers
If you feel this vacancy could be your new career path, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV...... click apply for full job details