3 days left
- Full Time
Coordinator for charity grant applications, Mountsorrel
Mountsorrel Relief in Need Charity makes grants to people in Mountsorrel,
Leicestershire, who are in need, hardship or distress. Most grants are made to individuals in need, although grants are also made to organisations which provide services to people in the village.
We are looking for someone to effectively process all applications for grants on a part-time, self-employed basis, starting as soon as possible.
The role involves:
● Visiting individual applicants in their homes and gathering detailed information about their needs, circumstances and finances
● Presenting information to trustees and answering questions
● Arranging the supply of goods and services to successful applicants
We are looking for someone who:
● Is empathetic, caring and considerate, respectful and non-judgemental
● Has relevant experience of working directly and sensitively with service users in need, hardship or distress
● Has a good understanding of issues affecting people living in poverty,
including the benefits system
● Has knowledge and skills to input to, and maintain, a database
● Knowledge of the Mountsorrel / Soar Valley / Charnwood area
You will need experience of working directly and sensitively with service users, of presenting information at meetings, safeguarding experience, and IT skills sufficient to maintain the database and produce reports. The role is subject to a DBS check.
You will be provided with independent in-work emotional support, should you want it as part of the role.
The work is interesting, rewarding and occasionally challenging, with no two days the same.
Please note that the above details describe the role as it is usually carried out.
At present, separate arrangements due to Covid-19 are in place to ensure the safety of the postholder.
To apply, you should email your CV and covering letter to the Chair, George
Overton by clicking 'Apply' below. In your covering letter please clearly indicate how you meet the requirements of the person specification.
Closing date for applications is Friday 23rd October 5pm.
Apply for Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly