End of Study Logistics Coordinator
What you will be doing for us:
- You will arrange all inbound and outbound shipments:
- Prepare paperwork ensuring all Customs requirements are met.
- Make bookings using the most cost effect method of transport.
- You will obtain Import and Export permits and licences as required
- You will provide timely & accurate shipment quotations.
- You will liaise with Customs Brokers and Forwarders to ensure accuracy of Import / Export / Hazardous Material documentation.
- You will update the business system with Tracking information and resolve any delays with Carriers or Customs - communicating effectively with the wider business as appropriate.
- You will Classify Products and manage the various government agencies e.g. FDA / DEA / EPA etc. This will also include investigating new regulations and advise the business of any impacts.
- You will carry out invoice verification for shipments, ensuing that the Invoice value matches the standard or the cost quoted.
- You will carry out ad-hoc administrative duties.
To do this job well, it is essential that the employee has:
- Three years+ experience in International Logistics - Exporting and Importing.
- Detailed understanding of Import and Export Regulations and Compliance requirements.
- Good knowledge of Incoterms.
- A good educational background, ideally degree qualified at 2:1 or above, with a history of Vocational Logistics qualifications.
- Strong attention to detail and a tenacity to be accurate .
- Experience to intermediate level, in all Microsoft Office packages.
It would also be a great advantage if the employee:
- Proven experience in a customer facing role .
- Strong customer service values.
- Is fluent in a second or third language...... click apply for full job details