IT Service Desk Analyst
Newport, South Wales
Causality.IT requires an IT Service Desk Analyst for a permanent role based in Newport, South Wales.
- A role on the IT Service Desk team within the ITSM function, supporting customers, resolving queries where possible and escalating issues to Level 2 when necessary.
- As the first point of contact, a Service Desk Analyst must have excellent customer service skills and abroad general knowledge of IT systems and services.
- The role requires a good knowledge of IT Service Desk systems, protocols and procedures, along with an awareness of ITIL processes and best practices.
- A passion for IT and operational support, high motivation and a commitment to supporting stakeholders to the highest possible level are also essential qualities for this role.
- Providing first line support and guidance to internal and external users for all IT related issues via telephone, email or in-person and offering an immediate response or resolution wherever possible.
- Recording all incidents, problems, changes and requests on the Service Desk management system, prioritising as appropriate and allocating to the appropriate IT support area for investigation and resolution when necessary.
- System administrator for various IT systems and communicating system failures and maintenance outages as appropriate.
- Document all work to comply with standards, including reporting details of all hardware and software items that have been installed or removed so that configuration management records can be updated.
- Compilation and distribution of management information
- Routine maintenance and loan management of mobile devices such as iPads, iPhones, MS Surfaces, laptops etc.
- Maintenance and improvement of knowledgebase information.
Key Skills & Technologies:
- Practical experience of a modern IT Service Desk system, preferably Hornbill Service Manager, along with familiarity of recognised protocols and best practices
- Possession of the ITIL Foundation qualification (minimum)
- Practical knowledge and experience of installing and configuring Windows desktop operating systems and account management
- Experience of using and supporting Microsoft Office applications
- Installation of conference room and training room equipment, including Video and Telephone Conferences for internal staff. Preparing conference suites and training rooms to connect to visitor equipment.
- Understanding of ITIL processes and best practices, along with hardware disposal procedures in compliance with ISO 27001 certification.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with business colleagues, senior managers and project managers or teams and work as part of a team to deliver technical solutions.
- Able to monitor own work against targets and act promptly to keep work on track and maintain performance.
- Mobile device administration (eg MS Surface, iPhone, laptops)
- System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- A flexible working scheme which has no core hours and excellent opportunities for home, part time and term-time working;
- A very generous pension scheme, with low employee contributions;
- Eligibility for special and office-wide bonus payments;
- Excellent development opportunities;
- Opportunities for secondments, both internal and external
Causality.IT are acting as an employment agency and company.