Department Manager Production
About The Role
Our Department Managers know how to work at pace and regardless of which department they work in they all have the same goal - to deliver great food to our customers. It's fast and ever-changing - are you up for the challenge?Reporting into the Production Manager you would also be responsible for:
- Leading your team to successfully deliver your lines KPI's and drive business performance.
- You will coach, develop and lead your staff and establish a continuous improvement culture.
- You will work closely with internal and external suppliers and will build strong, effective relationships ensuring that the site is legally compliant.
- You will ensure that all levels of waste are recorded, and are accurate including Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and potential efficiency; accuracy and waste recording; downtime; product weights; and staff efficiency.
About our Thrapston site:
At our fruit pack house in Northamptonshire, we supply our stores with 130 million packs of fruit and 40 million packs of nuts a year.
Our team of 740 colleagues pick 500,000 cases of fresh food ready for our stores and Morrisons.com every week. We prepare everything from apples and pears to melons, tomatoes and those handy cucumber halves. This site operates a three-shift pattern and has a purpose-built distribution warehouse.
As well as tons of resilience you must have:
- Experience of a Department Manager/Shift Manager or equivalent
- Experience in a large scale production/warehouse operation, ideally across Food Manufacturing.
- The ability to coach and encourage your team and help them explore opportunities to continuously improve how they do their job
- The ability to problem solve, and implement process changes in order to improve operational performance.
- Experience of managing budgets and controlling costs
- Strong leadership and coaching skills in order to engage motivate and develop large teams with varying skill sets.
In return you'll get competitive pay rates, up to 6 weeks holiday (including bank holidays) and many benefits including a discount card for you and 2 more for friends or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer company share options, Retirement Saver, Free Life Assurance and much more.
About The Company
From a Bradford market stall to the UK's 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK with up to 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 110,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons...... click apply for full job details