Team Manager, Production
Reporting into the Department Manager, other takes also include:
- Monitoring and driving KPIs and taking action to ensure they are all met on a daily and weekly basis
- Setting performance targets and reviewing progress and creating action plans to improve performance (including reducing of costs and the improvement of standards across all areas)
- Looking for solutions to problems and driving continuous improvement strategies
- Spotting and developing talent in your team through coaching and guidance
- Looking after colleague welfare and improving attendance standards
- Allocating task and holding daily shift briefs
About our Thrapston site:
At our fruit pack house in Northamptonshire, we supply our stores with 130 million packs of fruit and 40 million packs of nuts a year.
Our team of 740 colleagues uses new fingerpicking technology to get 30,000 cases of fresh food ready for our stores and Morrisons.com every week. We prepare everything from apples and pears to melons, tomatoes and those handy cucumber halves. This site operates a three-shift pattern and has a purpose-built distribution warehouse.About You As well as having a strong work ethic. You will also have:
- Management/Supervisory experience within a large scale production operation, ideally across Food Manufacturing
- The ability to challenge decisions and behaviours to ensure consistency in service to our customers, and will demonstrate your ability to problem solve
- A proven track record of people management and delivering strong results through a team in a people management role
- Excellent communication skills
- Assertiveness with the ability to make decisions on the spot
- A can do attitude and a strong work ethic
- An understanding of cost models and experience of budgetary control and understand pest control management.
About The Company From a Bradford market stall to the UK's 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK at just under 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 110,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons...... click apply for full job details