HR / Employment Law Advisor
HR / Employment Law Advisor
Quest Business Services Limited
Come join our established telephone advice line service; providing employment law and HR advice to a client bank. Working as part of the operations team, the role is varied and includes the fulfillment of some consultancy work.
This is an ideal opportunity for an ER specialist who has experience advising managers and senior stakeholders on all areas on employment law and HR processes.Your experience will have been gained by working in a HR telephone advisory or multi-site / regional capacity.No two cases will be the same; it is a challenging role juggling employment law, best practice, and managing client expectations.
The ideal candidate will be open and approachable with effective decision making and planning skills. Your technical expertise is crucial; as is the ability to offer customer focused, pragmatic advice to assist our varied client base, maintaining utmost confidentiality.The ability to disseminate information from the client to form a clear view and exhibit commercial awareness while thinking on your feet is crucial. Tact, diplomacy, excellent oral and written skills are essential, as is a positive attitude.You must display integrity and professionalism at all time and be self-motivated. You must have the ability to take initiative, prioritise and plan effectively as you will often be working to tight deadlines.
About the Role:
- You will be the first point of contact for our retained clients, providing them with telephone and email advice on a range of employment matters. Ensuring the advice offers best practice and commercially practical solutions, whilst explaining the risks and liabilities with the associated solutions.
- You will have a proven track record for advising clients on complex employment law and HR issues, including redundancies, disciplinary, grievance, TUPE, absence management and settlement agreements.
- Work effectively with the wider consultancy, advice line and business development teams to support consistent delivery to clients, ensuring continuity of advice and practical support for more complex/involved client support issues where required.
- Effectively account manage a small client bank within the agreed service levels.
- To ensure the timely renewal of client agreements for continuous service provision, maximising the opportunity to enhance the value to Quest and the client.
- Undertake client ad-hoc consultancy projects as directed. Some travel to client sites may be required.
- Draft topical articles for publication on our website and other social media platforms.
- Support the out of hours service providing a 24 hour, 7 days per week telephone cover on a rota.
In addition to your basic salary we have a competitive benefits package including pension, death in service, 23 days hols (increases with length of service to 26 days), commission, out of hours payment and free car parking.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- CIPD qualified or working towards Level 5;
- Operational Generalist HR experience dealing with complex ER and HR cases;
- Experience of drafting and advising on HR processes, policies and procedures and up to date knowledge of Employment law and case law;
- Experience of working to deadlines in a pressurised environment;
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload;
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team, and on own initiative and autonomously;
- Good IT skills. A working knowledge of Windows (Word, Outlook and Excel);
- Full driving license and use of own vehicle as travel may be required...... click apply for full job details