Location: Bristol/Devonport/Emsworth/Falkland Islands
Salary: GBP36,525 + Bonus
About the Role
Here at Babcock International Group, we're seeking 5 x Network/Systems Administrators to work on ground based air defence (GBAD) systems both in the UK and abroad.
These Network/Systems Administrators will be working in a general pattern of 4 months in the Falkland Islands, 1 month off (this is separate from holiday allowance), 6 months in the UK. This cycle is predicted to run for 3 years, after which you will join a separate UK based work stream, working on similar technologies.
Overall department direction
Defence Systems Technology - Mission Systems, is a Business Unit that is looking to increase its revenue substantially over the next 5 years. In particular, Complex Assets, Air Defence and Missiles (AD&M) is looking to grow substantially to meet this business strategy. A particular project, Ground Based Air Defence (GBAD) requires Network System Administrators to support current and future requirements.
Main purpose of role
* To provide Network and System Administrator (N&SA) duties to the GBAD (Falkland Islands) project
* The role will be based on a rolling schedule of supporting GBAD in the Falkland Islands (FI) and in the UK. There will be five N&SA staff to execute this provision to cover FI and UK locations. It is estimated that the schedule will be 4 months based in FI with 6 months in the UK
* Assisting AD&M Project Managers, System Engineers and ILS staff in the execution of their duties
* Provision of SQEP Knowledge, Skills and Experience to support AD&M and Complex Assets and the wider Mission Systems business
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
Knowledge and experience in as many of the following technologies as possible:
* VMWARE: for vSphere and vCenter
* Microsoft: Core Infrastructure for Microsoft Windows Server 2016 & Windows 10 & Microsoft
* Active Directory
* Cisco - Routing and Switching
* Palo Alto Networks
* Safenet - eToken, SAM Smartcard management solution
* Versasec - vSEC:CMS Smartcard management solution
* NetApp - Netapp 9 Storage Essentials
* Splunk - Splunk Fundamentals
* RedHat - RedHat
* McAfee - ePolicy orchestrator
* Diagnostic ability to fault find in network systems
* In depth training of the relevant GBAD system elements will be provided
* Technically qualified to a degree or HNC level in their discipline (Electronic Engineering/Software Engineering)
* Certification in or the ability to achieve certification in the following:
o MCSE & MCTS
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate will hold, or be eligible to acquire, Security Clearance at the appropriate level for this post which is currently SC.
* Passport, Licences and Qualifications must be shown at interview stage.
This position is within the Technology business unit as a Grade 5, which has a salary of GBP36,525 with DRDL Terms and Conditions.
Babcock offers a supportive environment including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, flexible working hours (only non-industrials), career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams. Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments.