Water Network Advisor Developer Services
Water Network Advisor – Developer Services
If you’re a highly organised contact or call centre professional looking to diversify your knowledge and gain a specialist skill set, this is an exciting opportunity to learn, grow and support the delivery of a vital service to the region.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It’s an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
We don’t just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We are an inclusive environment that values community, and your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren’t just recruiting for experience - potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our team. We want you to develop, grow and succeed and enjoy working at SES.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Why you should join our team:
You’ll take on a new role in our growing Developer Services Team, a friendly group of professionals who support each other and pull together to tackle challenges and deliver the exceptional service they’re known for.
We will provide you with on-the-job training to build your specialist knowledge and will support you to bring about change in the business. You’ll be encouraged to challenge existing ways of working, voice your ideas and change processes to enhance our performance.
We believe in investing in our people and offer great progression opportunities for ambitious individuals who show promise. This role has the potential to advance into a Design Estimator role in the future, making this the perfect opportunity in which to build an interesting and engaging career.
- Salary of £22,000 - £27,000 per annum DOE
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking or in local area
- Working hours: 37 hours per week, 8:30 – 17:00, Monday – Thursday and 8:30 – 16:30 on Fridays (with a 1 hour lunch break)
As a Water Network Advisor, you’ll provide the highest standard of services and communications to our customers and process requests for new water connections to properties.
In this important role, you will act as the voice of our business and uphold our values of Service, Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Compassion and Innovation. You’ll handle all aspects of customer contact relating to servicing our developer applications and transactions and ensure that customers are provided with the service they deserve.
You will also:
- Handle a high volume of calls, emails and contact through digital systems
- Provide administrative support to developers requiring new connections and mains for new housing and industrial developments
- Process applications, estimates and payments
- Handover information to our Construction Teams
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve previously worked as a Customer Services Executive, Customer Services Advisor, Contact Centre Advisor, Contact Centre Agent, Call Centre Rep, Call Centre Advisor, or Call Centre Agent.
At SES Water, we recruit based on potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. We’re seeking a Water Network Advisor with:
- Strong prioritisation skills and the ability to manage your own workload
- A team player mentality
- A great eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills, including via the telephone and email
- Experience in a contact and/or call centre environment
It would be great if you had experience of working in the utility or construction sector, but this is not essential.
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Water work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. We are both equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
If you are seeking your next challenge as a Water Network Advisor, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.