Digital Content Designer
Job Title: Content Designer
Location: Telford (Remote start)
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Content Designer - Responsibilities:
Content Designers are responsible for writing the content that will help users understand how to manage their tax affairs through HMRC's new digital services. You will work with software developers, designers, policy and legal teams to produce outstanding digital services and information. The material that you develop will cover a wide range of topics and users, so you need to be user-focused and know how to write with the user in mind first and foremost.
As a Content Designer you will:
- Write high quality content for HMRC's new digital services that will encourage people to use them
- Take complex language and processes and make them simple to understand
- Develop content in such a way that it will encourage people who rarely go online to use the new services
- Collaborate with the Product Manager, Digital Service Manager, Business Analysts and User Researchers to define the messages that the new services should convey
- Work with the Product Manager, Digital Service Manager, Business Analysts and User Researchers to refine the services in light of external factors such as changes to policy, legislation, technology or user requirements
- Build relationships and work effectively within an agile delivery model with colleagues and external providers, for example user researchers and business analysts.
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of writing for the web, with proven ability of creating content that is accessible and usable
- Experience of user-centred design
- Proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define/refine content
- Experience in choosing the best format for displaying information to the user
- Proven experience of working within a web, online and digital environment,
- Experience in working with content management and publishing systems
- Proficient in writing Markdown.
- Collaborating and Partnering
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Delivering at Pace
Please APPLY NOW for your chance to be considered for this opportunity!